Market Development Manager, South
(Stem Cell Transplant / Hematology / Oncology)
The Market Development Manager (MDM) will play a critical role in the commercial success of Omeros' innovative complement inhibitor therapies by leading and managing the onboarding of accounts (academic centers, community hospitals, stem cell transplant centers) that will prescribe, dispense, and manage Omeros' complement inhibitor products. The MDM will compliantly engage prescriber accounts in their geography, cultivate strong customer relationships, determine/address complement inhibitor onboarding logistical needs, and manage a best-in-class account onboarding process. The MDM will work cross-functionally with various Seattle-based commercial functions, as well as other Omeros field staff to efficiently identify and fulfill prescriber account needs in advance of using complement inhibitors. Additionally, the MDM will serve as primary Commercial liaisons with Opinion Leaders (OLs), including stem cell transplanters, APPs and nephrologists, as appropriate. The MDM will build and maintain OL relationships, identify/train/manage promotional speakers, and measure/optimize field-based promotional spend. The MDM will also gather and interpret critical market insights pre-launch and monitor launch success post-approval. The role is a field-based marketing role reporting to the marketing brand team.
The Market Development Manager, South will be responsible for the following regions: TX, OK, KS, AR, TN, MS, AL, MO, and LA.
Come join Omeros!
Come and be a part of our Market Development Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company's drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington's disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
Your Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Enabling Launch Excellence:
- Gather insights to ensure Omeros' innovative complement inhibitor therapies can be effectively and safely administered in various sites of care, while also providing best in class customer experience in order to ensure optimal success of product launches
- Engage prescriber accounts, evaluate site-specific onboarding needs, and develop site-specific onboarding plans that delegate onboarding tasks and specify timeframes for completion
- Lead an organized and efficient onboarding process for assigned prescriber accounts within a specified region in the United States through collaboration with cross-functional Omeros team members and prescriber account stakeholders including: clinical staff, department decision makers, supply and distribution, purchasing, operations, and C-suite customer partners
- Coordinate various onboarding functions and resources to achieve a best-in-class onboarding experience for prescriber account stakeholders
- Maintain frequent contact with account stakeholders and facilitate introductions to Omeros Commercial team members during and following the onboarding process
- Deliver general and drug-specific training modules and support each account's development of an appropriate prescribing/management infrastructure
- Understand emerging stem cell transplant and post-stem cell transplant treatment trends to drive the future national strategy
- Engage with field-based sales force members on a consistent basis to ensure brand strategies are being executed in line with the brand strategy at the HCP level
Opinion Leader (OL) Advocacy, Alignment and Development:
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with national and regional OLs in stem cell transplant/hematology/oncology (both physicians and APPs) and nephrology, as appropriate - hold primary accountability for Commercial partnerships with OLs
- Identify and tier priority OLs and lead development/monitoring of OL opinion and influence mapping - monitor OL opinions regarding current and future treatment patterns that may impact the brand and complement portfolio; provide feedback for consideration in the development of portfolio and brand strategic plans
- As members of the marketing team, work strategically to facilitate partnering opportunities with OLs and drive recruitment for various initiatives including training, meetings, Omeros HQ visits, slide development and advisory boards
- Coordinate cross-functional action plans
- Attend and coordinate local, regional and national conferences and scientific meetings as identified and directed
Speaker Identification and Training:
- Work cross-functionally to identify and asses promotional speaker candidates
- Manage contracting, training and continuing educational initiatives with speakers
- Develop and execute the annual OL speaker engagement plan for region, ensuring efficient management of the promotional speaker's bureau
- Attend local, regional and national speaking engagements
- Plan and facilitate OL engagement opportunities at relevant society meeting (ASTCT, ASH, etc.)
- Support commercial advisory board activities in partnership with the brand team
- Document and possess in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of Omeros' customers and marketplace, key account and regional market dynamics, Omeros company policies, and top competitors and their potential strategies
- Ensure all onboarding processes are executed within Omeros' regulatory and legal guidelines
Brand Optimization and Program Execution:
- Track field-based marketing promotional spend and support marketing decisions to consistently meet the needs of Omeros customers and patients; develop metrics aligned to field-based marketing investments and activities to assess ROI.
- Provide timely and strategic assessments of speaker and program effectiveness
- Work with brand leadership, sales leadership and speakers to gather and synthesize feedback in support of the evolution of promotional programming content and sales/educational material
- Ensure all onboarding processes are executed within Omeros' regulatory and legal guidelines
- BA/BS in a Science or Business
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience including sales, marketing, commercial, or medical
- Previous marketing or field-based marketing experience; combination of sales and marketing experience preferred
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology hospital/account sales experience in oncology or stem cell treatment-related categories
- Project management and team leadership experience
- Candidates with commercial backgrounds must have demonstrated ability to manage medical detail; candidates with medical backgrounds must have a demonstrated commercial mindset
- Upholds high ethical and professional standards with business contacts in order to maintain Omeros' excellent reputation within the biotech community
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, decision-making capabilities, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated record of successful leadership of, and collaboration with, cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills including an ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and processes to others
- Adaptive and agile learner
- Extensive scientific knowledge and aptitude
- Proven understanding of regional healthcare provider organizations and market dynamics
- Thorough understanding of oncology/stem cell transplant markets and disease landscapes
- Familiarity and/or existing relationships with OLs and/or account stakeholders
- Professional poise and strong business acumen
- Proven ability to interact and collaborate with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Executive presence with ability to negotiate and improvise to accomplish business objectives
- Awareness and ability to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of activities
- Ability to travel 60-70%
- Valid driver's license
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 25 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting.
If you have the experience, skills and knowledge we are seeking, we'd love to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.