Master Scheduler Analyst
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Master Scheduler will work with the Project Management Team and technical team to gather, analyze, verify and report project schedule performance for a large government contract. This position will be responsible for monthly updates to the schedule, schedule maintenance, and any applicable planning activities in the schedule. This position will also be responsible for working in conjunction with the program's Cost Analyst.
Monthly duties will include working with the Project Management team and technical team to assess progress/performance, making updates within the schedule, and ensuring forecasts for the remaining work. Duties will include the maintenance and update of the schedule to MS Project Server, subsequent year planning/resourcing efforts.
The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and short turn-around times, and should be able to coordinate work with various locations and team members to meet ongoing multiple deadlines. The Master Scheduler must be able to travel locally to other sites and have excellent communication skills. Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the resource loaded schedule
- Coordinate with technical leads, Program Managers and cost Analyst to ensure integration
- Gather progress/performance updates from project team
- Generate monthly schedule reports
- Ensure integration with MS Project Server
- Contribute to the Schedule Variance explanations
- Provide assistance with proposal efforts as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- BA/BS degree
- At least 0-3 years of previous experience with Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated experience managing large resource-loaded project schedules
- Experienced user of MS Office suite, in particular MS Excel.
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Project, preferably MS Project 2007,2010 and project server
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Prior experience in Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Department of Defense or construction industries preferred
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.