Director IT Project Management
- JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Senior Director, IT Portfolio & Governance, t he Director, IT Project Management is responsible for planning and execution of large IT programs or projects; managing a portfolio of IT projects; and managing project managers in support of portfolio delivery. Primary portfolio for project delivery is anticipated to be in the R&D, Clinical, Medical Affairs and Regulatory functions. This role will be virtual until the Covid-19 environment allows for a safe return to the office. When offices reopen, the role will be in in the Gaithersburg, MD headquarters.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Program Management and Execution
- Responsible for program/project delivery including managing program inter-dependencies, scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, and resources
- Responsible for collaborating with business to assess and recommend solution options to meet business need
- Responsible for delivering outcomes tied to business value and focused on optimization of end-to-end process and user experience
- Establishes and maintains appropriate business relationships with stakeholders and acts as focal point for program-related activities
- Ensures appropriate organizational change management is integrated into all program and project initiatives providing for a positive end user experience and adoption
- Responsible for building effective, collaborative, high performing teams
- Manages and mentors internal and external project management and team resources
- Ensure appropriate budget development and forecasting for all assigned program and projects
- Ensures effective communication with all project stakeholders including steering committees, core team members and project owners
- Responsible for resource management, including resource conflict resolution, for assigned programs/projects
Teamwork and Leadership
- Ensures collaboration with all functional business units within Emergent to achieve strategic, tactical and program/project goals.
- Ability to navigate a matrix organization effectively
- Drive continuous improvement through lessons learned, innovative and agile thinking
- Role model for open communications and conflict resolution
- Builds effective teams and utilizes each project team member to his/her fullest potential
- Remains on the forefront of emerging Project/Program/Vendor Management best practices
- Provides clear direction and mentoring to internal and external staff
- Ensures stake holders are effectively informed of program/project information and involved in relevant decision making
- Facilitates team meetings effectively
- Develops and executes program/project communications plans
- Delivers actionable, well-organized presentations appropriate for varying audiences from C-suite to SMEs
- Communicate openly and honestly with all stake holders
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- 15+ years IT experience
- 10-12+ years IT project management experience of increasing project size and complexity
- Excellent skills in IT Program and Project Management
- 5+ years' experience supervising project managers
- Bachelor's degree; specialization in IT or Management Information Systems (MIS) preferred.
- PMP Certified
- Strong influencing skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Ability and desire to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- Must have current experience managing multiple $1M + projects, spanning multiple locations
- Experience managing IT Projects in a GxP or another regulated environment
- Experience in an environment subject to SOX controls
- R&D /Medical Regulatory clinical experience in the Life Sciences industry is highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage IT Vendors and contract staff
- Experience effectively managing RFP process for IT solutions
- Experience implementing COTS solutions
- Experience implementing SaaS solutions
- Experience with multiple project methodologies, including waterfall and Agile.
- Strong Time Management, Organization and Execution Skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills required to effectively work across a diverse group including executives, managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to understand/dissect organizational culture and tailor communication and processes to successfully navigate the same.
- PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment Characteristics :
☒ Ability to organize/coordinate ☒ Comprehend and follow instructions
☒ Direct, control and plan ☒ Independently make quick decisions to solve complex issues
☒ Problem Solve ☒ Analyze/Interpret data and information
☒ Perform with frequent interruptions ☒ Make decisions using sound judgment
☒ Supervise/Manage others
☐ Good eye/hand coordination ☐ Visual Acuity
☐ Use keyboard/computer/phone ☐ Detect/Distinguish smell
☐ Detect/Distinguish hearing ☐ Maintain stationary position
☐ Position self to move ☐ Move/Traverse
☐ Ascend/Descend (climb) ☐ Reaching
☐ Calibrate precise ☐ Ability to safely operate hand tools
☐ Move/Transport [X] lb. ☐ Repetitive movement activities
☒ Regular and predictable attendance
☐ Work around extreme temperatures - cold or hot
☐ Work around noise above conversation level
☐ Work in restricted access to laboratory area
☐ Exposure to dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals
☐ Work with Select Agents as defined by the CDC
☐ Work irregular hours that often include nights and weekends
☐ Work in multiple locations
limited travel anticipated