Sr Director, International Marketing
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
- Lead the development and implementation of the marketing strategy and plan to enable launch of Horizon's medicines in key Ex-US markets
- Function as International Market Access lead to support the development of market access strategies for Horizon to enter key markets
- Build and foster relationships with the top-tier global key opinion leaders/experts, patient advocacy groups, and policy-making organizations group
- Demonstrate broad cross functional leadership across Horizon's marketing teams and cross-functional partners (e.g., Government Affairs, Regulatory) to gather insights, inputs and align perspectives.
- Create publication plan, featuring pertinent medicines, for international journals and conferences
- Participate in the development of data/informational requirements, while coordinating Market Research initiatives with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Horizon functions such as Legal, Business Development, Corporate Affairs, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and other areas to ensure solid understanding of global payer markets and emerging stakeholders in the reimbursement area
- Assess reimbursement and pricing potential for global markets
- Develop the international brand strategy, pre-launch/launch preparation and working cross-functionally towards the delivery of all tools and tactics to prepare for, drive in-market success, and maximize brand value across all customer groups.
- Create cross-functional processes for obtaining global payer and market access considerations for clinical and commercial development plans
- Provide input from the international perspective and participate in the Global Integrated Brand Planning strategy development process
- Develop regular updates for key external stakeholders, inclusive of Investor Relations, asset narrative, performance updates and key Q&As.
- Maintain industry awareness regarding market trends, competition, product acceptance, and new product release.
- Provide commercial input to ensure successful product registration (incl. label), reimbursement and listing/access.
- Conduct regular feedback loops with key stakeholders to enhance collaboration and alignment
- Represent International Marketing on relevant cross-functional teams.
- Build strong, open and collaborative working relationships across functions, including Sales, Sales Operations, Training, Research & Development, Market Access, Supply Chain, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Finance, Compliance and Legal.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 10+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience with documented success
- BA/BS- Business, Marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience having launched medicine(s) in international markets
- Excellent cross-functional leadership capabilities and ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., KOLs)
- Experience in Market Access required
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate analysis into strategy
- Proven ability to lead successfully within complex, global initiatives
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.