Associate Director, WW Scientific Publications- Lung
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Medical Publications organization's mission is to support the development of high quality medical publications to ensure clear, scientific communication of BMS data enabling the safe, appropriate use of and access to BMS medicines. The Associate Director/Director, Lung Publications will be part of a high performing, cross-functional lung publication and scientific matrix team engaged in the planning, integration and execution of medical publication and related scientific content activities globally. He/she will work collaboratively across key matrix teams to ensure timely publications of data and development of scientific content.
- Advanced degree: PhD, PharmD, or MD in a science subject with in-depth experience in publication planning management
- 5-7+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry, in both a regional and global capacity
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registrational, pre and post-launch and marketed)
- Scientific expertise in oncology is highly preferred
- Proven ability to think strategically at an enterprise level and lead teams to make strategic decisions even under conditions of ambiguity, evolving landscapes and tight timelines
- Proven ability to think strategically and take decisions even under conditions of ambiguity, evolving landscapes and tight timelines.
- Adept at building credibility with external investigators & collaborative partners, evidenced by strong leadership behaviors and excellence in the science.
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 15-20% of the time
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.