WW Medical, Hematology, Lymphoma Head
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
WW Medical, Hematology, Lymphoma Head, Vice President
Head of Global Medical, Hematology
WW Hematology Medical Affairs
M.D. preferred with 15+ years of executive management experience in clinical development and medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry, with an emphasis on Global and/or Market Based Medical Affairs experience.
Head, WW Medical Lymphoma is a trained disease area expert in hematology with strong name recognition and a credible voice of Medical with external customers. The Head, WW Medical Lymphoma ensures strategic information of the disease flows between markets and Development; and coordinates with the Country Medical Directors/Hematology Therapeutic Area Leads. The incumbent will establish and maintain ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with key thought leaders and manages Global Key Opinion Leader activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement Medical Affairs Plans, including study and publication plans, for key products in the portfolio
- Ensure linkage between the Development and Commercial teams with respect to the communication strategy, training strategy, development of Medical/Launch plans and Advisory Board planning
- Develop and execute study protocols for BMS Sponsored studies, in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders, to produce high quality data to support the goals of the Medical Plan
- Leads development of Integrated Evidence Plans. Evaluate Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR), participates in Clinical Trials Review Process and is accountable for activities related to approved ISRs
- Author and assist with scientific publications, including abstracts, posters, manuscripts and whitepapers. Generates medical and scientific information materials
- Plan, develop, and generate content and delivers internal and external scientific and educational programs
- Establish and maintains ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with key thought leaders and manages Global Key Opinion Leader activities, including Advisory Boards; align with markets and regions to ensure transparency regarding KOL activities
- Contribute to, review and approve medical/scientific communications including marketing materials and participate in Promotional and Scientific Content Approval Processes
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information from healthcare professionals that are received either directly or indirectly through Regional organizations, in accordance with all compliance regulations and policies
- M.D. preferred with 15+ years of executive management experience in clinical development and medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry, with an emphasis on Global and/or Market Based Medical Affairs experience.
- Trained disease area expert in Hematology with strong name recognition
- Clinical or Academic Experience (Patient Facing) is desirable
- Understanding of Research and Drug Development and the ability to communicate the data in an impactful way
- Medical Strategy Experience
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in a complex, matrix environment. Experience delivering successful results in a variety of business situations.
- Experience building and delivering Medical capabilities in a complex global organization.
- Travel expected: 30%
WW Medical, Hematology, Lymphoma
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.