Associate Director, Engineering
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Associate Director, Engineering for Cell Therapy Development Operations (CTDO) in Summit, NJ you would be entrusted in the management of the engineering function supporting CTDO including the engineering department's staff as well as execution of assigned projects. Responsibilities include managing, training, reporting, tracking and developing resources to meet the needs of the organization, customers, and vendors. As such you would be responsible for:
- Financial Management
- Budget Capital and Expense Forecasting
- Financial Tracking and cost reporting
- Financial Transactions
- Financial closeouts
- Ensuring Process and Policy Compliance
- Organizational Development and Training
- Resource Allocation
- Vendor Management and Alliance Development
- Project Delivery and Procurement Philosophy
- Customer Service and Service Recovery
- Developing and manage a Communication Strategy that offers consistent and quality information to customers, senior management, vendors and external agencies
- Prioritization and Scheduling
- Providing Sound Engineering Solutions and Guidance
- Championing/Advocating Site Standards, and Master Plans
- Tools and Systems
- Capital Planning both strategic and annual
- Master Planning - Building and Infrastructure
- Capital Portfolio Management
- Working relationships with governmental agencies in the obtaining of permits, approvals
- CADD Operations
- Plan and Document Management
- Commissioning and project turnover
- Degree in Architecture, or Engineering is desired.
- Equivalent experience as an Associate Director or Senior Project Manager in the delivery of Capital programs
- 15+ years of Experience in managing, designing, and executing large scale and complex projects within the pharmaceutical industry. Cell Therapy and/or Biologics Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Hands on experience in the procurement, negotiation, and management of contracts with engineering consultants, contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Knowledge of GMP's, GLP's, IQ/ OQ/ PQs, environmental regulations, Industry practices, building codes, ADA and OSHA & PSM regulations.
- Experience in managing the overall financial performance of Capital budgets and engineering projects, including items such as cash flow, life cycle costing, business opportunity and risk, Return on investment, tax implications, cost controls, cost tracking and reporting, and financial closeout.
- Broad technical knowledge of Facility operations, Infrastructure, Engineering Systems.
- Experience in the development of requests for proposals, project scope, basis of design, construction scheduling along with commissioning and startup.
- Experience in interacting with and managing external agencies including local planning boards, permit officials, and construction officials.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.