Scientist - Preclinical PK/PD
The Preclinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics (PPK/PD) group is seeking a knowledgeable PPK (or Pharmacology) scientist. We need someone proficient in the application of PK/PD to describe and understand the pharmacology/biology of therapeutic proteins. This key role will represent the group on cross-functional discovery projects teams. They will also advocate for the use of quantitative approaches to describe the relationship between the known physiology and the observed PK/PD of candidate drug molecules. We are looking for someone who can provide innovative PK and PK/PD input into early preclinical in-vivo studies, collaborating with scientific staff performing these studies. Additionally, preparing analyses to internal project teams and potentially senior management is in scope.
As the PPK/PD Scientist, a typical day might include the following:
- Serving on the Discovery-stage project teams as a subject matter authority for PPK/PD providing related input to the design of preclinical PK/pharmacology studies
- Collaborating effectively with various groups at Regeneron in order to develop PK strategy for each project then deliver the required output
- Proactively communicating project team inquiries, requests, and expectations from the Project Teams to subordinates and management
- Conducting and reporting PK and PK/PD analyses using data derived from preclinical studies
- Working with Toxicology, Pathology, Clinical Pharmacology (CP) and Quantitative Pharmacology (modeling & simulation) functions, within the Drug Safety and Pharmacometrics (DSP) Department
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant scientific literature including regulatory guidance and standard methodologies as they pertain to PPK/PD
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are an excellent communicator with presentation and leadership skills
- You demonstrate scientific creativity with a willingness to propose innovative solutions
- We share a passion for science and are data-driven throughout research processes
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a PhD in Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Biology/Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry combined with 0-4 years of relevant confirmed experience. Previous experience with protein/monoclonal antibody therapeutics in one or more of the following therapeutic areas; oncology, inflammation/immunology, metabolism, infectious disease or ophthalmology is helpful. An in-depth theoretical and applied understanding of PK and PD and demonstrates the ability to plan, coordinate, lead all aspects of, and analyze PK/PD studied data is needed. Experience in relevant PK/PD software applications (eg. WinNonLin) and drafting PK reports and IND's is desirable but not required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.