Scientist III / Senior Scientist, Cell Line Development
IGM (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a biotechnology company pioneering the development of engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer patients. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, and we plan to initiate a Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) patients in 2019. Our second product candidate is expected to be an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5).
We are hiring a senior level Scientist in our Process Sciences and Manufacturing group to join our rapidly growing team. In this position you will be accountable for the development of fully traceable, regulatory compliant clonal stable GMP cell lines producing novel therapeutic antibodies. You will lead cell line development projects to help advance novel cancer therapies into human clinical studies. Furthermore, you should be able to work independently, mentor junior associates, and provide insight to improve processes, and communicate results in development team meetings. This position will report to the Associate Director, Process Sciences and Manufacturing.
- Manage activities involving development of GMP cell lines at IGM and CROs.
- Develop and establish an industry leading Cell Line Development (CLD) capability to produce IgM and IgA therapeutics (stable transfections, pool and clone generation, research cell banks, cell age stability studies, genetic characterization).
- Lead initiative to develop novel mammalian 'host' cell lines with attributes desirable for production of these novel therapeutic.
- Collaborate with other CMC functions to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Author or review CLD documentation and other technical reports ensuring appropriate quality of documentation to support regulatory filings.
- Contributed to relevant CMC sections in regulatory filings.
- Publish or present scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals or conferences.
- Mentor junior associates and scientists.
- Scientific degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related field, with at least 4 to 6 years of direct experience for Ph.D., or > 10 years for M.S.
- In-depth knowledge in molecular biology, mammalian cell culture performance is required. Experience in the development and optimization of industrial expression vectors.
- Experience in developing CLD activity. Hands on Execution of cell line development activities.
- The development of a new cell line platform.
- Conduct root cause investigations and identify solutions to resolve CLD development related. issues.
- Aseptic technique.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based and family-like work environment. It is one of our biggest goals to maintain our company culture.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we are offering a robust and comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.