Angion is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on acute kidney injury, a potentially life-threatening condition without therapeutic options. Our lead clinical asset, ANG-3777, is engineered to activate the HGF/c-MET pathway, an important mechanism in organ repair. Angion is developing ANG-3777 to meet the high unmet medical need of acute kidney injury resulting from kidney transplantation and from cardiac surgery. We are currently conducting Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials with improvement in kidney function as an endpoint. Angion’s robust pipeline includes ANG-3070, an oral small molecule in development as a potential treatment for fibrosis and other severe organ damage. Learn more at www.angion.com.
Angion is actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated biologist/biotechnologist to spearhead our Renal Programs. Applicant should have published/proven experience in systems biology of glomerulosclerotic and renal autoimmune disease including LN, FSGS and iMN and use of clinically relevant models of the same. A critical goal is to generate and correlate glomerular omics data with a single nephron function at the preclinical level and translate these findings into prospective clinical trials based on a comprehensive understanding of human renal gene expression datasets. Novel ideas and sophisticated technical skills to develop and carry out very complex system biology analyses including cross-species network analysis from human and model datasets to a prerequisite as is the insight into regulatory events mediating glomerulosclerosis and disease biomarkers. This position also required rapid adaptation to the drug development process from the bench to early clinical evaluations as well as outstanding leadership and supervisory qualities.
- Applicants should hold a Ph.D. and have a minimum of 3 years postdoctoral (preferably industry) or drug discovery/biotechnology experience. Early or mid-career Principal Investigators are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to maintain research records, adhere to safety regulations and work within a team environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Due to our location, we desire local candidates
- Those who are authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Please include a description of your research interests and CV in the application.