Research Associate II, Analytical Development
BioSpace's client is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with a strong background in Analytical Development and testing of Cell and Gene therapies. A successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of the organization's proprietary immunotherapeutic cell engineering platforms focused on genetically modified cellular therapies. This role will work closely with Technical Operations and Research and Development, to advance the development of gene therapy products from research to the clinic. This role will be key in supporting research and pre-clinical studies, and the characterization of manufacturing and viral vector processes, driving pipeline from proof of concept to clinical scale manufacturing. Additionally, supporting assay development for early stage projects. We are looking for someone with a wide range of technical skills, the ability and desire to learn new skills, ability to perform experiments, organize and analyze results in a timely manner.
- Learn the organization's platform assays to supporting process development and viral vector core.
- Support assay development for various platform technologies.
- Support method Qualifications.
- Support transfer of assays to third parties.
- Provide testing support for Research & Development groups.
- Write Test Methods and SOPs.
- Generate data for Regulatory filings.
- Independently perform experiments, organize and analyze results.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cell Biology or related life science field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Cell and Gene therapies.
- Strong technical background with experience performing flow cytometry, or ELISA, or qPCR-based assays.
- Experience with mycoplasma and endotoxin testing is a plus.
- Experience with cell culturing is a plus.
- Experience testing in a controlled environment is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms.
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of the initial job description to support the team.