Associate Director, Payer Marketing - Vyepti
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world's most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
The Associate Director, Payer Marketing, will be responsible for the development and implementation of the payer marketing strategic and tactical plan for VYEPTI, including initiatives that span both payer and healthcare provider (HCP) customers. This individual will be the payer marketing lead for VYEPTI and will coordinate the generation of insights through market research and advisory boards to drive the development of the payer recommendations that will be incorporated into the brand strategy. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for providing the payer perspective to both the US and global teams for the lifecycle management (LCM) initiatives for the brand.
Payer Marketing Strategy
- Leads development and coordination of market access strategy across both commercial and government payers for the brand, ensuring that payer and access tactics including those executed by the NAMs/RAMs are aligned with the overall brand strategy.
- Proactively considers/identifies new strategies, areas of opportunity, and tactics to challenge thinking and raise the level of brand performance
- Identifies the need for payer market research and payer advisory boards and synthesizes actionable business critical insights
- Establishes key performance indicators for payer tactics and monitors progress
- Drives development of the value proposition and payer messaging for the brand
- Coordinates efforts for the payer congresses
- Collaborates with HCP and access marketing to develop and execute access/affordability messages in promotional materials
- Represents promotional pieces in the review process and ensures materials are compliant
- Leads execution of business cases related to access opportunities to assess value to brand
- Leads the financial assessment of initiatives related to payer tools by partnering closely with payer analytics team
- Ensures launch readiness of life cycle management (LCM) opportunities in collaboration with the US and global LCM teams
- Manages the payer marketing budget, as well as oversees the vendor partners hired to assist in creating the deliverables
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Influence
- Actively contributes to the brand planning process, including market access strategy and tactical planning, in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Represents payer marketing and government affairs on the core team in a brand operating model
- Partners closely with payer analytics, HCP marketing, and brand leadership to monitor the progress of the various initiatives and adjust appropriately
- Collaborates with the Lundbeck global team and the Lundbeck US LCM cross-functional partners and ensures alignment on key aspects of market access/payer marketing for the LCM opportunities
- Drives effective implementation of promotional materials and programs by providing appropriate direction to sales training, sales, and the national and regional account managers (NAM/RAM)
- Develops cross-department support for the brand by coordinating with marketing, sales, sales training, market research, payer analytics, medical affairs, and HEOR
- Collaborates directly with brand and sales leadership, NAM/RAM team, sales training and sales teams, and other cross functional groups, ensuring alignment to the brand and payer marketing strategies
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of managed markets/payer marketing experience
- 10+ years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Market/Payer Analytics, or other relevant commercial or analytical experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Able to create and execute managed healthcare strategies, which includes the use of pharmaceutical data sources (Symphony Health, IQVIA, Truven's, MMIT, HSG, etc.)
- Demonstrates expertise and extensive knowledge of payer dynamics, medical and pharmacy benefit designs and its implications for HCP and patient product adoption
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills along with an ability to influence both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience working with medications that are distributed via the buy-and-bill or specialty pharmacy models
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with HUB services
- Knowledge of coding and reimbursement for infused medications
- Understanding of contracting and implications on gross-to-net/Average Sales Price (ASP)
- Experience and knowledge within neurology
- Experience working on life cycle management opportunities
- Willingness/ability to travel up to 25% domestically; International travel may be required
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain diseases and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain diseases - we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
Our approximately 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programs and our products are available in more than 100 countries. Our research center is based in Denmark and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 18.1 billion in 2018 (EUR 2.4 billion; USD 2.8 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com and connect with us on Twitter at @Lundbeck and via LinkedIn.