Associate Director, Alliance Management
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions. Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
The Alliance Management group is responsible for managing and optimizing the value of Kite's alliances for pharmaceuticals and devices at all stages of the product life cycle (research, development, and commercial). Alliances include joint ventures and in- and out-licensing of products and technologies. The position will be based in Santa Monica, California and will report to a Senior Director of Alliance Management.
Do you love complex and diverse projects? Join our team and directly impact patient lives!
Partnership Management Responsibilities
- Oversee the governance of strategic partnerships in research, development and commercialization partnerships. This includes managing governance committees, identifying key issues and solution-driving.
- Supervise implementation of and adherence to agreed-upon research, development and commercialization plans; take appropriate action to ensure execution.
- Work directly with the partner company to set the direction and scope for implementation of partnership agreement: key activities, timing and responsibilities on either side.
- Issue management - address hot topic issues that require immediate senior leadership attention while working diligently manage issues and to minimize crisis management situations
- Perform regular alliance audits and health checks
- Compliance/contract management - liaise with legal, finance, R&D and Commercial to ensure that key contract milestones, financial transactions, progress reports, etc. are handled appropriately and also to provide information/updates as needed. Regularly collect/develop and control quality of forecasts to support financial planning activities
- Internal Alliance Representation
- Conduct regular reviews/meetings with senior management and other functions to communicate key issues, landmarks, etc. and gather feedback
- Lead and/or participate in contract renegotiations as appropriate
- Participate in review of new partner contract negotiations as appropriate and provide input into partnership execution terms of the contract, in particular governance structures and processes
- Build expertise about corporate partnerships and lead a portfolio of partner companies as well as government and academic institutions. Oversee differences across organizations regarding their leadership structure, strategies, financials, priorities, and decision making, etc.
- Lead or support infrastructure projects which include project tracking, developing lessons learned and alliance summaries, as well as content for intracompany website and other communications
- Participate in group meetings to review progress and issues and share standard methodologies
Required Skills and Experience Qualifications
- 10+ years' experience with BS/BA, 8+ years with an advanced degree in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry, preferably in commercial, business development, or project leader/project management role.
- 5+ years' experience in Alliance Management, Business Development or related function
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Business, Medicine or Law
- Experience with cross-industry engagement and aligning diverse partners
- Strong experience in drug development
- Strong leadership and self-direction, high-capacity for learning quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key project and partnership issues
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and to present to senior leadership and executives
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple customers, both internally and with partners. Must be able to handle ambiguity well.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a matrix team
- Participation in development and life cycle management project teams
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Preferred experience in immuno-oncology therapeutic areas and emerging areas of research.
- Knowledge and experience in virology, oncology, inflammation, liver disease therapeutic areas
- Experience in global markets (e.g., EU, Japan, and other)
- Fluency or proficiency in at least one other language
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.