Head of In Vitro Sciences
We are seeking a highly qualified in vitro scientist and leader with extensive experience in biochemical and cellular assays for target validation and in vitro pharmacology. The successful candidate will have expertise in biochemistry and/or enzymology and will be a primary lead as it relates to biochemical assay development and small molecule screening. Additional experience with cellular assays is important. Applicants must feel comfortable with the fast pace of a small biotech company and have the flexibility to work on multiple projects.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- Lead assay development group and manage the application of automation and informatics activities to provide regular high quality assay results that help drive project team decision.
- Conduct and supervise in vitro studies to determine on-target and off-target activity in
biochemical and/or cellular assays across multiple projects.
- Manage in vitro pharmacology team: build team, develop, execute on projects
- In vivo experience is a plus, as you will collaborate with in vivo for new studies.
- Serve as the SME for biochemical assay development and enzymology; provide a thorough understanding of in vitro assays for projects and work with your team to develop new assays for small molecules
- Manage, process, analyze and present data.
- Assist with the coordination of studies with CROs as necessary.
Your Navigation Tools:
- PhD in relevant field with 8+ years' experience with in vitro biochemical and cell-based assay development and screening to drive small molecule optimization programs.
- Team management is required; experience in building teams for a startup is preferred
- Comprehensive working knowledge of biochemistry and small molecule screening.
- Familiarity with new technologies, and an openness to their utilization.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Solid knowledge of automation applications for small molecule screening, data analysis, and pharmacology concepts.
- Experience with biophysical assays a plus.
- Experience representing in vitro assay development and screening in cross-functional project teams.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Management/supervisory experience is required.
- Level will be commensurate with experience.