Sr Medical Sciences Liasion, West/Southwest
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Field-based scientific expert responsible for building and maintaining appropriate high-level relationships with an assigned list of external advisors, organizations, institutions and associated personnel. Serves as the non-promotional scientific conduit between the company and the relevant healthcare community across the lifecycle of the covered product portfolio. Provides high-quality scientific expertise relating to our medicines and therapeutic interests in ultimate support of the patient. Facilitates data generation, education, and scientific insights-gathering activities at the direction of Medical Affairs leadership. Responds to unsolicited medical information requests from health care providers and supports commercial colleagues through internal scientific training and external customer scientific interactions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify thought leaders, professional groups, organizations, decision-makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapeutic area and geography
- Engage in scientific exchange with identified key stakeholders
- Share and discuss evidence-based scientific data with stakeholders in accordance with all relevant regulatory requirements and company guidance
- Capture and report scientific insights obtained via appropriate scientific interactions with customers and other external sources
- Respond to unsolicited questions regarding Emergent Travel Health products, and document these requests and responses appropriately
- Facilitate education on disease state, product, and competitor products to internal stakeholders and external customers as appropriate
- Facilitate company-sponsored research initiatives at the direction of Medical Affairs leadership
- Lead and carry forward departmental projects at the direction of Medical Affairs leadership
- Represent Medical Affairs at scientific meetings and conventions as directed by Medical Affairs leadership
- Contribute to the development of scientific materials for the Medical Affairs field team
- Work with Medical Affairs leadership to develop and execute the field team strategic plan
- Provide mentorship and training to junior team members
Minimum Education, Experience, Skills
- PharmD, MD and/or PhD (or equivalent education) in a relevant clinical/scientific discipline
- 2-5 years MSL experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Experience working in a clinical or scientific role within the pharmaceutical, healthcare, or medical research industries
- Working understanding of pharmaceutical industry compliance
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Self-starter who can work effectively within teams
- Ability to effectively present scientific information to diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uses good judgment to make decisions
- Therapeutic area expertise in infectious diseases, especially vaccines
- Clinical experience with vaccines, especially travel vaccines
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.