Director, Diversity, Inclusion, Equity & Allyship
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
You will work collaboratively across Horizon to cultivate and champion an inclusive employee experience. You will enhance and expand our RiSE program, Horizon's Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Allyship initiative. Your expertise and leadership will bring together cross-functional stakeholders to align, design and implement programs and best practices that will make Horizon an even better place to work and positively impact the stakeholders and communities we serve. This position leads our RiSE leadership team and works in concert with HR, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Affairs, Communications, Procurement and other Horizon groups to drive a cohesive and impactful Diversity & Inclusion strategy.
- Own Horizon's overall inclusion & diversity strategic plan and overall programmatic plan elements (including all cross-functional components) in order to enhance and expand our Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) strategic imperative. This includes designing, implementing and measuring key elements of the plan. Key areas of strategic focus include Talent Attraction, Professional Development, Culture & Employee Experience and Community
- Collaborate with stakeholders to enhance people programs to more effectively recruit, develop, engage and retain our diverse workforce
- Provide coaching to leaders and managers to enhance their capability to be inclusive leaders and allies; increase our collective ability and capability to ensure all employees feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work - in person or virtually - every day
- Define metrics and reporting processes to ensure consistent communication about inclusion and diversity priorities and goals. Communicate progress against plans that reinforce accountability throughout the organization.
- Identify and manage relationships with relevant D&I partnerships, organizations and vendors
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to define and implement a supplier diversity strategy and plan
- Provide oversight to RiSE: Drive RiSE communication plan, in close partnership with Corporate Communications; Participate in diverse employee working group discussions & work with RiSE leaders to identify actions to address defined gaps and bring forward recommended solutions; Responsible for RiSE budget management, including distribution of resources to various diverse employee working groups
- Provide consultation and input to groups like Patient Advocacy, Corporate Social Responsibility and Commercial Marketing, whereby diverse representation and inclusive behaviors impact patient/customer/community perceptions, engagement and outcomes
- Provide input to ESG (Environmental, Social and Governmental) related requirements and other policy development, as needed
- Manage external relationships with D& I vendors, organizations, etc.
- Provide guidance and develop team members who support execution of D&I initiatives
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant work experience in Human Resources or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing the execution of D&I programs and initiatives
- 8+ years of effective leadership and management experience
- Proven track record of driving and implementing innovative D&I initiatives and programs that result in tangible outcomes
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across different teams
- Readiness to toggle between strategy development and rolling-up your sleeves to create deliverables
- Track record of acting as role model for inclusive leadership behaviors
- Willingness to challenge status quo, commit and drive activity forward
- Strong analytical skills; ability to define necessary metrics and interpret data to tell a story
- Excellent project management, collaboration skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing complex projects
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.