Senior Instrumentation Technician
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Join us in our mission!
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Instrumentation Technician to oversee our new state-of-the-art cell therapy commercial manufacturing and administration buildings in Frederick, Maryland. In addition to facilities oversight activities, you will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company's facility for production of cell-based therapeutics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability mentor Instrumentation & Calibration Technicians, including organizing and prioritizing daily tasks, performing training, repair, calibration of instrumentation and equipment, ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and all other regulatory requirements are followed.
- Install, calibrate, fix, repair, and modify process control instruments or systems for manufacturing applications as well as electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic control devices for utility systems which support the manufacturing facilities. May include: temperature; pressure differential room pressures; chart recorders; freezers/refrigerators; incubator; HVAC
- Perform calibrations and scheduled preventive maintenance on analytical and other laboratory instruments per Metrology procedures as designated by supervisor.
- Test control systems/instruments and assist in validation of new and existing manufacturing facilities
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP's and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Maintain accurate record keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant at all times
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools and support the Corporations, Companies, Departments and Personal goals and objectives
- Procures spare parts, labor, special tools, calibration equipment, contracts, documentation (such as CRRA's, SOP's) and equipment availability for work execution.
- Possesses a mechanical acumen including HVAC, Purified Water system, facilities utilities, P&ID's, schematics and equipment specifications is a must.
- Possesses electrical acumen including understanding electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, controls schematics and equipment specifications is a must.
- Act as the point person to the Instrumentation & Calibration technicians while working closely with the manager to ensure strategy planning, implementations of plans, resolving problems while maintaining production quality.
- Have an understanding of quality systems; Change Control, Deviations, CAPA's, Audits activities, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems required.
- Creates and/or revise stand operating procedures for calibrations and/or operations as required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-starter with superior analysis and problem-solving skills ranging from simple to complex situations
- Be forward thinking the ability to work with system & technical metrics, identify variances & deficiencies while improving maintenance program and performance.
- Has a high energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite "can do" attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
- Willing to think outside of the box and adapt best methodologies to our small, but growing environment
- Be proficient in MS Office suite
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a high school diploma. Preferred Associate's degree or vocational training in engineering or facilities.
- Preferred Blue Mountain experience, in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation, system administrator experience a plus.
- Must possess full knowledge of the fundamental operating principles of industrial process instrumentation and process control systems
- Be proficient in ISA standards and practices for instrumentation
- Understands impact of equipment and system changes and alarms through DCS, Delta V, and/or local loop controllers
- Knowledge of and ability to use Computerized Maintenance and Calibration Management Systems
- Previous experience working in biotech, biopharmaceuticals, or highly regulated manufacturing environments is desirable.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 100 lb. of equipment or supplies
- Must be able to stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift
- collaborative work environment
- Control automation and PLC experience is a plus
- Has the ability to write department operational/maintenance and engineering SOP's
- Business travel will be required.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply today!
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.