Regional MSL - West
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Medical Affairs Team!
The Regional Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a west coast field-based position that will engage and further develop relationships with top institutions and key opinion leaders (KOLs) to disseminate company-approved technical and scientific information, facilitate education on related disease states, and collaborate to support clinical research activities.
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company's drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington's disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- Build and foster productive professional relationships and partnerships with core local, national and international KOLs in the areas of medical education and clinical/scientific research, serving as a key clinical and scientific resource
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information and product data within relevant therapeutic areas
- In alignment with the overall medical strategy and plan implement strategies and tactics to effectively communicate complex scientific education, including disease state and product information
- Effectively deliver medical and scientific presentations to diverse audiences, including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, payers, and internal staff
- Contribute to the development and implementation of publication planning, medical education strategies, initiatives and materials, and standard response letters
- Facilitate submission and discussion of independent investigator-initiated studies as a conduit between the investigator and internal Omeros IIS committee
- Contribute to the development of medical affairs materials such as slide decks, abstracts, or manuscripts
- Identify opportunities to partner with KOLs on disease state or therapeutic initiatives
- Support and facilitate speaker training initiatives
- Collect, analyze and interpret disease state and technical product information at medical congresses
- Provide clinical/scientific education for Sales & Marketing staff
- Partner and collaborate effectively with internal groups, including Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Pharmacovigilance, and Sales & Marketing
- Support clinical development activities through site identification and investigator recruitment and education
- Support market access initiatives such as engagement of or presentation to commercial and public payers, as needed
- Complete administrative responsibilities and internal projects as assigned, in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct all activities and responsibilities in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory and corporate regulations and guidelines, including the Omeros Corporation Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, policies and procedures
Experience and Education Required:
- Advanced clinical/science degree or professional credentials required (PharmD, PhD or MD) or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as an MSL in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Clinical experience in ophthalmology, neurology, oncology, immunology or cardiovascular disease desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory, commercial and clinical issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry is critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management abilities are required
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and partner effectively across geographic areas and cross-functional groups is essential
- Experience in at least one "start-up" biopharma company is desirable
- Dependable automobile with liability insurance and valid driver's license is required
- Competent business writing and persuasive presentation skills required
- Must display superior organizational management and problem-solving skills
- Must be a confident self-starter able to lead the development of field strategy and execute/manage the execution of tactical plans
- As an external representative of Omeros, must always act in a professional manner
- Must have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates
- Must feel comfortable managing multiple projects, therapeutic areas, and external/internal relationships
- The employee will be required to have extensive overnight travel (50%)
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 40 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.