Senior Manager, PV Intelligence
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role sits within the newly formed Business Capabilities & Innovation (BCI) function within WWPS and will be responsible for establishing and maturing new business capabilities within WWPS, including but not limited to PV Intelligence and Performance Insights and Reporting. Primarily responsible for the acquisition, analysis, documentation and dissemination of information, business/user needs, scientific and operational data to inform BCI and WWPS activities and decisions. Must demonstrate high level of information literacy; ie, having the ability to identify when information is needed, and can effectively access and interpret information from a variety of sources, as well as generate and communicate insights to inform operational, strategic and scientific decision making in a pharmacovigilance and risk management context. Will also be responsible for driving and supporting activities across the BCI team as required and as such, must present with high degree of flexibility and collaboration.
Must be comfortable managing multiple high priority projects, proactively developing relationships with colleagues globally and across functions, working with ambiguity and display confidence in building new standards and ways of working. Effectively collaborates with WWPS stakeholders to influence the adoption of new core capabilities which enable business effectiveness and strategic planning and supports organization's development of the intelligence and knowledge management discipline.
- Support the design, implementation and continuous improvement of the PV intelligence capability within WWPS, enabling information acquisition/analysis and communication of insights which affect WWPS strategies and operations
- Identify and align key knowledge gaps ('open knowledge questions') across WWPS and prioritize intelligence projects accordingly; knowledge areas include PV/risk management (RM) practice, regulations and guidance, innovation, safety events of interest, etc.
- Collect, collate, evaluate information from a variety of external sources working with WWPS subject matter experts, intelligence agencies, and/or contracted staff (eg, literature, regulations, advisory reports, industry benchmarking, etc.)
- Provide strategic direction to internal and external partners (contractors, vendors) on information needs and requirements; analyze information outputs, translate business insights and package knowledge for stakeholder communication
- Produce intelligence reports for WWPS, demonstrating alignment w/ internal business needs to drive knowledge-driven outcomes
- Partner with BCI Innovation, IT and corporate intelligence functions to identify, develop and maintain WWPS knowledge management tools and optimize user experience
- Apply relevant principles of taxonomy and ontology to progressively build the knowledge management discipline and practice within WWPS
- Support collection and evaluation of qualitative data (eg, user needs, employee sentiment data, continuous improvement opportunities) to inform strategic initiatives and priorities
Performance Insights and Reporting:
- Establish WWPS process and tools for assessment and communication of business performance data and insights (dashboard, performance scorecard)
- Ensure reporting of KPI data address WWPS SLT and business stakeholder needs
- Track and report KPIs for BCI across 11 business capabilities
- Create and maintain WWPS training on performance monitoring and reporting processes and tools
- Support development of standards, processes, tools and templates across BCI function
- Support development and maintenance of BCI SharePoint(s) and digital engagement tools; analyze user analytics to optimize user experience
- Develop and maintain BCI Onboarding and Training for new BCI colleagues and WWPS stakeholders
- Lead and/or participate in projects within the scope of the BCI function
- Conducts business in accordance with BMS Values. Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions
- Support hiring, training, mentorship and development of staff within BCI and WWPS as needed
- Participates in external meetings/seminars and/or internal learning and development programs to enhance professional skillset and broaden pharmaceutical industry experience
- Lead and/or contribute to BCI and/or WWPS strategic initiatives to support individual and organizational development
- May be responsible for design and conduct of research falling within the scope of the Business Capabilities and Innovation function
- BA or BS required; advanced scientific or graduate degree highly preferred (eg, MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or life science industry required
- Experience with qualitative research, market research or business intelligence require
- Sr. Director, Business Capabilities and Innovation
- Sr. Director, PV Innovation
- Head, Business Capabilities and Innovation
- Worldwide Patient Safety Leadership Team
- Worldwide Patient Safety colleagues, globally
- WWPS International - PV Intelligence Lead
- Competitive Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- Global Regulatory Strategy and Policy
- Self-starter who is willing and able to work independently
- Demonstrates a high level of intellectual curiosity, coupled with critical thinking to analyze information and translate meaningful insights relevant to our business and strategic initiatives
- Ability to anticipate and elicit stakeholder and information needs
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, tailoring deliverables to align with target audience needs
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with knowledge management preferred, including information and data acquisition, analysis and insights generation through scientific, clinical, regulatory, and competitive intelligence databases (PubMed, Proquest, Embase, Cortelis, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to support delivery of outcomes in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates strong understanding of industry trends, regulations and market dynamics that may affect the practice of PV globally
- Project management skills, with demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple projects, and to solve problems working with multidisciplinary teams
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Good influencing skills to generate enthusiasm for knowledge sharing and transfer
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies a plus
- Experience with and/or understanding of Knowledge Management processes and tools a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint as a user and administrator is a plus
- Knowledge of data management software, such as Spotfire, Tableau and advanced skills of Microsoft Excel is a plus
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.