At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the package development activities for the selection of primary packaging components for new products.
- Creates lab experiments, conducts laboratory testing on packaging materials and package systems and issues lab reports.
- Assist with the resolution of problems associated with packaging/component equipment conflicts through conducting lab experiments.
- Coordinates the packaging of stability supplies for new products with key stake holders.
- Supports packaging technology efforts on several projects concurrently.
- Source, tests, qualifies and documents new packaging components across a wide variety of types of materials and formats.
- Works with packaging material suppliers on new areas of innovation.
- Assists in the preparation of technical documents for regulatory filings.
- Responsible for driving the development of new technology to resolve packaging related issues.
- Responsible for successful project execution according to established objectives, timelines and costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Science/Engineering or related Engineering
- MS in Packaging Science/Engineering (preferred)
- Up to 3 years of professional experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare or cosmetic packaging.
- The candidate should have background in product primary packaging, such as plastic bottles and blisters.
- Has experience in writing and executing protocols for testing packaging systems.
- Has experience with packaging testing equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, be willing to challenge existing practices and work.
- This position may require up to 15 % travel.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.