2021 Marketing Associate Internship
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
2021 Commercial Marketing Associate Program Internship
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Commercial Marketing Associate Program Internship Description
As an AbbVie intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program, working on meaningful assignments that have a real impact on our business and patients worldwide. As an intern you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago. Throughout the summer there will be planned development and networking activities, along with paid housing and shuttle services for eligible students.
AbbVie's Commercial business offers you an opportunity to work on supporting cross-functional or brand team initiatives in the following:
- Marketing - Teams responsible for leading brand strategy and tactics to educate and promote AbbVie products to key stakeholders (Healthcare Professionals, consumers, vendors and agencies)
- Commercial Analytics - Support brand marketing teams by pulling big data into insights. Consult with key stakeholders to formulate strategy, identify potential tactical initiatives, enhance promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving brand team execution.
- Commercial Excellence - Support marketing and sales training initiatives (new hire training, brand launches, national sales meetings) with key stakeholders of Integrated Brand Teams (Marketing, Medical & Regulatory Affairs, Health Economics, Market Access, Sales Planning, etc.).
- Commercial Operations - Support analysis, tools, business processes, training programs, communications, and information that drive and/or enhance sales force effectiveness. Role will provide in-depth exposure and understanding to how sales teams operate.
Past examples of internships have included:
- Marketing or Market research innovation recommendations for an existing product or product launch
- Commercial role journey - researching existing role responsibilities and recommending process improvements
- Creation or new promotional or educational marketing materials
- Work with members of cross-functional teams (Marketing, sales, market access) to create new onboarding or training materials
Internship placements - Selected candidates will be placed on teams based on role fit (background and interests), business need, and internship preference.
- Strong academic performance, minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Previous internship or related experience required
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative and integrity
- Excellent communication, leadership, project management, problem solving, analytical skills, and business mindset
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Pursuing major concentration/internship experience in marketing or sales or related is a plus
- Basic healthcare or biotech industry knowledge
- Basic/Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
We participate in several on-campus events (such as: information sessions, career fairs and conduct interviews while on campus). Interested candidates, please check the career services schedules at your school for the recruiting event schedule. AbbVie also posts our Commercial Marketing Associate internship positions on our career website and Handshake. If your school isn't listed, please visit www.abbviecareers.com
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.