Sr. Workforce Analytics Analyst
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Workforce Analytics Team (WFA) functions as the people planning and analysis function of the organization. The goal of the WFA team is to serve, advise, and equip stakeholders with key workforce information that will allow them to effectively perform and enhance their own work, while converting disparate data into actionable business intelligence to inform real-time, accurate, and defensible decision-making across the business. The WFA team works across every department within the firm and provides the following solution areas:
- We provide data driven insights and analysis for all stages of the human capital lifecycle that is used for key decisions throughout the organization.
- We engage in human capital consulting projects with our business lines to solve some of their most challenging human capital issues.
- We provide statistical modeling and utilize machine learning to forecast future workforce in order to engage in targeted workforce and business strategy planning.
- We leverage industry leading data visualization tools and storytelling strategies to translate data analysis into tangible business impact.
- We harness the power of surveys and qualitative research methods to understand employee behaviors in order to improve employee engagement and retention.
The Senior Workforce Analytics (WFA) Analyst will participate as a core member of the department, working closely with the team to provide data driven solutions and support to all WFA solution areas. The ideal candidate will have academic and/or professional experience applying data analysis to guide decision making, process improvement, understanding of financial drivers and budgeting, some human capital consulting experience, and a desire to bring game-changing analytic solutions to Allergan's people strategies. This person will also have experience applying advanced analytics (machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling) to structured and unstructured data sets to detect patterns and behaviors to aid in decision making. The successful candidate will be collaborative by nature, able to think creatively, and willing and eager to learn new things.
Senior Workforce Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Aid in the creation of an advanced analytics practice focusing on behavioral analytics, predictive analytics, and econometrics of employee behavior and engagement
- Leverage statistical tools to understand correlations and causations in unique datasets involving human behavior and employee actions
- Leverage natural language processing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to predict employee behavior that will enable more strategic human capital investments and decisions
- Analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets that will aid decision making
- Display professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive information
- Assist in performing analysis and regular reporting for stakeholders across the business
- Assist in developing presentations on metrics, reports and analysis
- Continuous research and learning of new industry trends in Workforce / People Analytics
- Quickly and pro-actively learn new software tools supporting data visualization, data mapping, and statistical analysis
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree required in information systems, computer science, engineering, math, statistics, industrial psychology, data science, or related field plus 3+ years of related work experience
- Experience applying data science principles to extract, transform, and interpret multi-dimensional data
- Successful completion of case studies or data science competitions using various machine learning models
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least 1 of the following Data Visualization tools: Tableau, Qlik Sense or PoweBI
- Demonstrated understanding of SQL or other relational database management systems
- Demonstrated understanding of at least 1 of the following: R, SAS, Python, Java, or SPSS.
- Demonstrated understanding of machine learning
- Demonstrated knowledge of Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrated knowledge of Alteryx a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.