Associate Engineer, Technology I
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Consults with functional areas to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect and results of system problems. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, work flow procedures, and data modeling. Negotiates plans, time frames and trade-offs while ensuring client understands the final results of the project.
- Reviews and routes requested system changes and develops detailed specifications for implementation. Communicates system changes and issues to next level of management.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation, coordinates and or performs testing of system modifications, both validated and non-validated systems. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools and materials. Involved with the Purchasing Systems Manager regarding planning/scheduling and resource allocation.
- Produces requirements for mainframe reports, time lines, and graphics using advanced functions of a personal computer. Creates reports from existing client databases to satisfy user requests, development of ad-hoc database reporting, data sampling, project analysis, or testing verification.
- Monitors and audits the use of the systems; executes system control practices and purchasing procedures for regulatory and compliance.
- Accountable to the purchasing customer and purchasing management for the control and administration of purchasing systems. Systems implemented must meet projected timelines and customer expectations. The incumbent supports various mainframe, Lotus Notes, stand-alone applications, divisional interfaced systems that impact the overall purchasing process.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.