Senior Controls Engineer
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Established technically competent Controls Engineer/Specialist who independently develops and implements solutions
• Understands business contexts of assignments and makes decisions which impact profitability
• Have and demonstrate skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions including batch software, PLC systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, Visual Basic and PC networking technology.
• Familiarity with electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building.
• Develops network of internal and external contacts appropriate to the job
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Independently performs and implements controls-related project or manufacturing support tasks, which have a direct impact on company profitability.
2. Able to lead small teams in a cGMP environment including, but not limited to, focus improvement teams, small to medium-sized Capital Projects.
3. Proficient programmer in one or more areas of automation programming languages and platforms. Preferred automation systems (shown in order of preference) include Allen-Bradley (Factory Talk platforms, ControlLogix, Panelview, PLC-5, SLC), Siemens (PCS7, WinCC), Modicon Unity, GE iFix and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
4. Develop a general understanding of the plant processes and products to provide technical support to all manufacturing areas.
5. Understands electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building.
6. Ability to deploy Kaizen root cause analysis techniques in solving complex problems.
7. Develops a network of internal and external contacts appropriate to the job. When assigned, able to oversee (external) consultants.
8. Prepares and manages small to medium-sized Capital Projects.
9. Understands regulatory and quality assurance requirements/impact and assists the department in developing policies, programs, SOPs, and Quality and Engineering standards to meet current industry, corporate Quality, and external Regulatory requirements.
10. Maintains close contact with QA and Manufacturing groups to assure effective communication on process/facility problems and issues related to process controls.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
BS Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. In lieu of an Engineering degree, technical experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated industry may be considered.
5-10 years in related controls technical experience
2+ years in pharma or process related in a regulated environment.
Good mechanical and electrical aptitude; good communication skills.