Medical Director, Clinical Development-Oncology
Do you want to be part of building a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company together with a team of highly skilled colleagues who are passionate about developing best-in-class therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs? Then Ascendis Pharma is committed to support your personal development on our journey towards becoming a leading rare disease company.
Ascendis Pharma is looking for an experienced Medical Director, Clinical Development to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative company!
The successful candidate will be the clinical lead of TransCon TLR7/8 agonist, providing critical input for first-in-human protocol development along with medical monitoring, regulatory interactions, safety assessments, and engagement with key opinion leaders and investigators. The position will be based in Redwood City and will report directly to the Head of Clinical Development, Oncology.
- Develops and executes phase 1 and phase 2 protocols in the TransCon TLR7/8 agonist program
- Engages effectively with key opinion leaders and investigators in Advisory Boards or clinical studies
- Actively participates in study/site start-up activities along with Medical Monitoring and data cleaning, aside from providing general clinical support to the TransCon TLR7/8 agonist study team(s) in site trainings and engagements
- Efficiently collaborates with global cross-functional team members
- Collaborates with study team(s) to generate meaningful data outputs and interpretations of data
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on emerging treatment landscape in oncology and provides updates to clinical development plan of the TransCon TLR7/8 agonist program as necessary
- Mentors clinical scientist(s) across the oncology clinical development team and delegates as appropriate
- MD or MD/PhD
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in oncology clinical development (can be combination of academic and industry experience)
- Clinical oncology experience in academic or community setting and experience in immunotherapy preferred.
- Experience with design and implementation of phase 1 clinical study preferred but not required
- Experience with intratumoral agents a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance