Founded in 2019
Based in La Jolla, California
Who We Are
PetDx is venture-backed San Diego based genomics/molecular diagnostics startup focused on the development of breakthrough non-invasive tests for the early detection, characterization, and management of cancer in pets. We have a highly innovative approach to the science, with assays that are customized for the canine genome and innovative next-generation sequencing (NGS) based techniques. We aim to revolutionize the detection and ultimately treatment of cancer for pets.
The Company’s founding team and advisors include more than a dozen former senior executives from Illumina, Sequenom, PGDx, LabCorp, Pathway Genomics, J&J, Zoetis, Elanco, Mars Petcare, VCA, and more. Most of them hold MD, PhD, MS, DVM, or MBA degrees, and have been affiliated with prestigious academic institutions including Cornell, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Stanford, UCSF, UCLA, University of Michigan, UC Berkeley, UCSD, University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Yale and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
We are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist who will develop algorithms related to low level somatic variant detection, build production grade analysis pipelines, and provide key data-based insights to inform product development decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop algorithms for variant calling and quality control
- Build end-to-end analysis pipelines along with supporting documentation such as user guides, unit tests, and functional tests
- Perform data analysis of development runs to inform algorithm design and product optimization
- Perform rapid troubleshooting of NGS runs as needed
- Provide input into experimental design
- Create clinical-grade supporting documentation for production pipeline, including requirements, code reviews, and test reports
- Write Engineering Reports documenting key analysis that drive product development decisions
- Present results to internal team members and company advisors
What you bring:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, mathematics, or related field.
- Strong biological understanding of genomics and oncology.
- Expertise in one or more coding languages such as Python, C, C#, etc.
- Experience developing algorithms for liquid biopsy applications highly preferred.
- Cloud-based development experience preferred (Google Cloud, AWS, etc.).
- Experience with source control preferred.
- Product development experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
The position is based in La Jolla, California.
- Salary with significant bonus potential in future years
- Equity grant package
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits package
- Startup-friendly employee perks
- State-of-the-art facility with on-site gym, parking, farm-to-table restaurant, office snacks and beverages
How to Apply
Please click "Apply" and send resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Employment Agencies
We value our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from partners who have been contracted by a representative of our Company to collaborate with us. We are not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any representative of our Company.