Research Associate (Contractor), Cell Line Development and Engineering
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are recruiting a motivated researcher to assist in the development of new technologies in the Cell Line Development and Engineering (CLD&E) group.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop stable cell lines including clone screening, single cell cloning, and fed-batch production
- Research focused on development of novel cell lines
- Characterize the cell lines and the proteins expressed
- Design, engineer and clone protein expression constructs
- Scale up DNA using mini, midi, and maxiprep kits
- Maintain detailed experimental records and documents results in an electronic notebook
- Design studies and interpret results of development, troubleshooting and process characterization experiments
- Prepare reports, summaries and presentations
- Analyze data using statistical tools such as Microsoft Excel, Prism, and JMP
- Represent the CLD&E in research project teams.
- B.S. with at least 2 years of non-coursework laboratory experience, or a M.S. with a lab work associated thesis (cell biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, etc.) (experience can include research work done while completing degrees)
- Familiarity with antibody properties and sequences
- Broad experience in cell biology, including mammalian cell culture, cell transfection, and cell-based functional assays
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology such as restriction-free (gibson assembly) and restriction-based cloning, primer design, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and sequence analysis is required
- Expertise in designing and executing immunological methods such as ELISA, Octet, FACS, Western Blot and immunostaining etc.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform cell line development and technology development in parallel
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects
- Experience in running automation or setting up automation process is a plus
- Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing
Interested applicants should click "Apply".
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.