Manager, Marketing Insights & Analytics - Patient Services
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people, and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology, and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
The Manager of Marketing Insights & Analytics for Patient Services will design, implement, manage, analyze, and effectively communicate marketing research and analytics initiatives across pipeline and inline Immunology, Specialty, Oncology, and additional Allergan therapeutic categories on behalf of Patient Services. The individual will derive high-impact learnings from qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research, analytics, competitive intelligence, and social listening, and partner across Patient Services pillars (e.g. Marketing, Strategy, etc.) as well as with Brand partners and external agencies to inform strategic and tactical decision-making. The ability to influence decisions based upon careful and strategic thinking and understanding of the business is critical to success.
- Act as intelligence partner across Patient Services pillars (e.g. Marketing, Strategy, etc.) focused on providing strategic insights, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues and burgeoning trends within the patient support space.
- Be conversant with custom research methods, adept at supplier and stakeholder management, and able to independently lead custom research projects that deliver compelling and actionable learnings.
- Perform thought-provoking and sophisticated syntheses of learning across research, analytics, and intelligence sources to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape strategies and tactics.
- Maintain organizational knowledge of the market, competitive trends, and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders
- Design performance indicators and KPI tracking to ensure understanding of execution and engagement of patient support programs and tactics.
- Coordinate and manage Marketing and Strategy business reviews.
- Lead data strategy efforts to ensure accurate and reliable data assets are incorporated within agile analytics capability to enable seamless, codeless, visualization-enabled analytics.
- Leverage innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues, but also meet key business criteria. Be able to effectively communicate results of these complex analytic models and influence action to improve patient support program performance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure Brand and Market Access intelligence is leveraged appropriately to inform development of AbbVie care models.
- Builds solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
- Demonstrate thoughtful confidence in presentation of learnings across all levels of the organization.
- Monitor and manage marketing research and analytics programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
- Ensure all marketing research and analytics activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA, PhD) preferred.
- 5+ years relevant marketing research and/or analytics experience required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical data (physician-level prescribing, institutional sales data, payer-prescriber-level data, formulary data, patient-level data, etc.) preferred.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, superior organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high-performing work team.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally within the organization and with external agencies.
- Experience with programming language or analytic tool such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, SPPS, Tableau preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.