Publications Senior Manager
Amgen is hiring for a Senior Manager to join our Global Publications Team.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and expertise in publication planning and execution within the Cardiovascular or Neuroscience Therapeutic Areas (TAs). This role is responsible for working with large cross-functional teams to communicate Amgen's scientific data through high quality peer-reviewed publications to the global healthcare community, enabling informed decision making for optimal patient care and access to Amgen products. Reporting to the Director of Global Publications for the Cardiovascular and Neuroscience Therapeutic Area (TA), the Senior Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drives/influences the development of value and impact-driven Global Product Publication Plans through the translation of medical strategies, insights and objectives into the development and oversight of long-term, actionable, globally-aligned strategic publication plans in partnership with cross-functional areas including Research and Development (R&D), Global Health Economics (GHE), Center for Observational Research (CFOR), Discovery Research, Legal, Regulatory, and Commercial.
- Align with key stakeholders (e.g. clinical development, global medical affairs) to develop the global publication strategy
- Close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to develop impactful publications that align with the teams' strategy and communication objectives.
- Engage and collaborate with external authors, investigators, and study steering committee members to plan publications and discuss and plan publication content
- Manage effective external relationships with business partners
- Manage publication development timelines and content development of abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts
- Ensure compliance with Amgen publication policy and external publication guidelines
- Manage publication analyses to guide publications strategy and address medical insights and identified gaps through publications
- Manage oversight of outsourcing budget and vendors who assist with analyses and publication content development
- Work closely with regional publication planning colleagues to ensure publications across regions are captured within the Global Publication Plan (GPP)
- Maintain knowledge of published literature in relevant therapeutic areas
- Partner with the Global Core Content (GCC) lead to ensure relevant publication content s incorporated into global scientific communications for the product
- Support of key scientific congresses and meetings
- Support content development for presentations that will inform medical and commercial programs
- Staff education and training on publication processes and best practices
- Occasional travel may be required; up to 10%.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Management or mentoring of staff
- Support of the management and prioritization of publication budgets and allocation of writing resources at the platform level
- Contributing to development of cross-functional deliverables (eg, serves as a key partner to the Medical Platform Head in the development of the Platform Medical Plan)
- Leading critical functional or cross-functional initiatives
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience
- Master's degree & 6 years of directly related experience
- Bachelor's degree & 8 years of directly related experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD, with 4+ years of Clinical Development/Medical Affairs/Regulatory experience in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), writing, presentations, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project management/planning skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic input to senior leadership and influence decision making, particularly on topics regarding publication planning, data dissemination, and data disclosure requirements
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Clear understanding of current publication environment, ICMJE, GPP3, and other global guidelines related to publications, scientific data communication, and transparency standards
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholder groups to enable development of robust and executable publication plans
- Experience in publication planning
- Experience in medical writing and/or managing external publication vendors and medical writers
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods, and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products and Datavision
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.