GMP Cleaning Technician
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
Novartis Gene Therapies is seeking a GMP Cleaning Technician that will be responsible for executing cleaning activities for the GMP facility. This position will work in the cleanrooms as needed to complete daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleanings. The individual will also be responsible for waste removal, as well as restocking.
- Prepare cleaning solutions and execute facility and equipment cleaning activities in the production areas.
- Ensure accurate documentation of cleaning activities by filling out cleaning logbooks and forms using good documentation practices (GDP).
- Support production areas by replenishing kanban inventory, cleaning supplies and gowning supplies as needed.
- Remove daily waste accumulation from the production areas.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the GMP production areas.
- Escalate any unsafe conditions, as applicable.
- Perform additional support tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Industry experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to work weekends and swing shift as needed.
- Must be able to work 10-hour shifts (e.g. Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Saturday).
- Must be able to gown and enter the cleanroom.
- Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.