Patient Access Manager, TEPEZZA
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Patient Access Manager (PAM) works in a highly visible, strong team environment to provide exceptional customer service on all levels. Specifically, listen to patients, interpreting their specific needs and providing friendly, professional and well-informed answers to their logistical questions. The PAM will work with patient to educate on next steps required to gain access to therapy. The PAM will also work to maintain relationships with patients and cross-functional partners to support ongoing compliance with therapy.
- Assess individual needs of the patient and develops an appropriate education plan of action, taking into account the patient's family and team of healthcare providers.
- Works closely with Horizon's Patient Services team including Case Managers, the Regional Access Solutions team, and external vendors.
- The PAM team assists patients to secure records needed prior to treatment.
- Sometimes services are performed without a pre-authorization and the PAM along with Patient Service's team resolve any related issues to ensure a smooth process for medication access.
- Guide the patient through the appeals process and coordinate the delivery of appropriate documentation for each appeal in order to maintain coverage for medical services.
- Provide accessible co-pay assistance programs, national foundations and free drug programs by sharing information to patients as needed.
- Develop a cohesive relationship with the patients and their families as they navigate through the healthcare system and the options that may be available.
- Empower the patient to become their own advocate.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 years pharma/account managementexperience
- Patient interaction and support experience preferred
- Biologic/biotech buy and bill experience in a reimbursement role preferred
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery networks preferred
- Experience working in a team environment which successfully partners with all Commercial Operations functions
- Proven success in working in a cross functional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires approximately 50% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.