Director, Operational Excellence
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Director OpEx will be responsible for the development and implementation of organizational/operational excellence programs and strategies within the BMS Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) organization. Lead activities/projects supporting the strategic and operational alignment, cooperation, and communication across GPS functions and be a key contributor to the development of behaviors and practices that foster a culture of accountability and excellence in delivery. Key contributor to development and execution of continuous improvement initiatives, strategic scorecards and dashboards, best practices in business processes, operational excellence principles and systems development and deployment.
Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence and a shared vision of the GPDO organization.
- Drive a performance management culture by developing and deploying tools and techniques that mobilize and develop individuals at all levels, encouraging cross-team collaboration to achieve positive results for the organization
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization's performance across all GPS functions through fostering cross functional relationships, decreasing redundant work, and development of continuous improvement strategies
- Establish strategy, direction and application of continuous improvement through Systems and Tools, Teaching (Training Curriculums and Mentorship), and Deployment
- Implement operational excellence roadmaps to drive continuous improvement and value flow
- Champion the strategic direction and transformation of Continuous Improvement by simplifying, standardizing, and integrating improvement programs
- Establish and maintain best practices in areas of business processes, KPIs, and analytics
- Lead the identification, prioritization and implementation of GPS initiatives to improve and ensure long-term organizational excellence
- Lead and facilitates all aspects of change and continuous improvement initiatives, as well as, assists in the coordination of corporate strategic goals measurement and management (strategic scorecard development)
- Drive the evaluation of strategy and execute strategy changes and improvements by conducting extensive research and analysis of emerging business trends and consulting senior leadership team to align business plans with organizational growth and development
- Lead Stakeholder engagement and coordination of best practices
- Deploys system to standardize operational excellence best practices across the GPS organization
Professional experience and qualifications:
- 10+ years experience
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific related discipline required. MBA or advanced scientific degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Direct experience leading and supporting operational excellence transformations in a pharmaceutical or a related regulated industry, is required. Direct experience leading Quality Management System is a plus.
- Up to ~30% travel (domestic and International)
- Passion for excellence
- Must possess a strategic perspective, leading vision and values, global acumen, and leadership disposition
- Ability to work in a Global Environment with well-rounded experience executing and leading projects on continuous improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, and operational excellence
- Must be skilled in strategic thinking, managing through systems, innovation management, and negotiation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Expertise in project management principles and application including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and evaluate priorities
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as related to Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturing
- Clear demonstration of the ability to lead through influence, effectively drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Proven track record of developing talent and effective people management including coaching, motivating and development planning in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively communicate at all times and in a variety of complex circumstances. Must have experience delivering complex messages to various internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Ability to challenge the status quo to evolve business in more efficient and effective manner
- Deep experience in engaging and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to quickly assess a complex scenario and utilize common scenario planning tools and techniques to offer project teams and management viable alternatives
- Possess a deep understanding of the talent and skill sets required to sustain innovation and long-term growth within a technical organizational
- Must possess strong verbal and communication skills, and a well-developed ability to constructively work across functional areas and levels to achieve results
- Expertise in project management principles and application including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to multi-task a large number of projects and evaluate priorities with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in developing presentations to facilitate meaningful discussions, with clearly communicated analysis, findings, and impact
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.