Sr Director, WW I&F Ozanimod - MS
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Sr Director WW Medical Affairs I&F - Ozanimod MS
VP, Global Medical Affairs, I&F Ozanimod
MD, DO, PhD
Director (10+ years) in the pharma/biopharma industry and a minimum 4 years of experience in Multiple Sclerosis is required.
WW Medical Affairs Immunology and Fibrosis
The Sr Director will provide medical and scientific expertise into the development, planning and execution of the medical affairs plan of BMS compounds for MS globally, with special focus on EU / Major markets.
Provides expert opinion on the current trends in the pathophysiology, diagnosis, existing and emerging treatment options as well as unmet medical needs in the therapeutic area to inform key medical and business decisions.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with WW key opinion leaders, key professional societies and organizations in collaboration with global medical affairs and clinical colleagues through scientific dialogue pertinent to BMS I&F interest.
Lead and participate in WW advisory meetings with WW opinion leaders.
Lead medical affairs strategies in conjunction with clinical development, market access and marketing colleagues in WW and Major markets (EU). Provide ongoing and interactive technical and medical expertise to execute on these strategies.
Provide expertise into the phase 4 development and RWE plan globally.
Participate in formal scientific review of submitted Investigator Initiated Trials and related medical affairs activities (e.g. registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys etc.).
Provide timely and interactive feedback to achieve optimal study designs and to ensure adequate study progress of phase 3, phase 4 and RWE progams.
Provide medical support to the WW medical affairs organization, including developing and delivering training curriculum and content for market field medical associates .
- M.D., D.O., PhD or equivalent degree, with a minimum 4 years of experience in MS is required
- Board Certified Neurologist preferred
- Director (10+ years) in the pharma/biopharma industry with demonstrated experience in EU / WW markets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with both external physicians/scientists and numerous in-house support groups
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity, represent the company's high ethics, moral behavior, and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure, and to maintain scientific excellence within timelines
- Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific credibility while executing the Medical Affairs plan, and to communicate scientific results and effectively respond to data queries from customers and/or consultants
- Strong scientific analytical skills
- Knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures that would be acquired through research, clinical experience or clinical research studies
- Basic knowledge and appropriate application of biostatistics
- Ability to travel (frequent travel will be required)
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.