Account Manager - Northeast Territory
BioSpace is partnering with a successful liquid-handling services company to add an Account Manager to their team.
The Northeast Account Manager is a critically important role with the mission of providing advanced solutions to life science laboratories challenged with difficult and demanding lab processes. Our strategic business objective is to assist our client partners in meeting their productivity and quality goals. We are looking for a team member to grow and manage our presence in the Boston and Northeast region. The ideal candidate will have experience in high level life science enterprise sales coupled with a background in laboratory processes, with a proven track record of successfully managing key global pharmaceutical, diagnostics and CRO/CMO as well as biotech accounts.
We are adding an Account Manager to our customer facing team in response to our company's expanding position as a laboratory partner with major life science accounts globally, and to support their growing requirements for increased laboratory productivity through more accurate and precise assays, optimized liquid handling and more efficient processes. In this critically important role, you will be challenged with discovering customer needs and aspirations, structuring unique and powerful solutions, and nurturing beneficial and sustainable relationships. You will have the chance to capitalize on your understanding of life science technology and your expertise in enterprise sales and business, and also to exercise your talents in problem solving, leadership, communication and teamwork.
As Northeast Account Manager you will be depended upon to make substantive contributions to the organization's growth in the life science markets and its leadership position in the laboratory industry - through implementing strategic sales/marketing programs for the current and future range of products and services. You will have responsibility for a critical portion of our revenue objectives.
In support of your mission of developing new and strengthening existing accounts, you will work closely with other members of the team – including senior management, R&D, inside and outside field representatives, marketing, technical and customer services personnel. You will become familiar with the spectrum of needs and opportunities inherent in our customer profiles. Critically, you will develop expertise in our technology, the core workflow processes in which it can play a role, and the substantial benefits that our products and services can bring to laboratories. As well, you will take the lead in connecting and interacting with a wide range of client personnel including laboratory, procurement, operations and corporate management at all account locations. Your success will be measured by our customers’ success.
As a strategically important representative in a highly competitive market:
- Pioneer productive relationships with new global accounts and expand relationships with our current major accounts, through insightful comprehension of their technology requirements and their business objectives.
- Understand and address the critical needs and goals of laboratories within the pharmaceutical, diagnostics and CRO/CMO space that utilize analytical instrumentation and complex processes which demand exceptional accuracy and performance.
- Sell on value and improved outcomes, with a high level of understanding of the customer ROI potential derived from the benefits inherent in our products and services.
- Continually expand your comprehension of customer corporate objectives and strategy, and the critical connection of these with laboratory operations.
- Ensure sustainability of account relationships at all levels, through keeping abreast of account needs and aspirations and providing value with new solutions.
As a team player who thrives in a collaborative culture:
- Take the leadership role in the development of critical major accounts.
- Work in close coordination with internal team members at headquarters and with external sales and technical reps.
- Utilize established industry contacts to accelerate effective account mapping and networking.
- Engage with customer leaders, users and influencers at individual account sites countrywide, as well as at industry, market, and technical events.
- Collaborate with management and other stakeholders to craft and provide unique and powerful solutions to assist our major accounts achieve their business objectives.
- Play a critical role in definition and roll-out of new products/services.
- Contribute to strategic planning through identification and effective communication of market gaps, needs and opportunities to senior management and R&D.
Travel required. Compensation includes base salary and incentive plan against key performance indicators.
- Exceptional integrity and high degree of personal accountability.
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to work independently.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of laboratory science.
- Ability to excel as a leader and to thrive as a contributor to a team.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, and resilient; with a positive attitude and continual enthusiasm for addressing challenges.
- Disciplined and organized in managing time, travel and resources.
- Skilled with current office and communications technology. Facility with LinkedIn required, and with SalesForce a plus.
- Exceptional comportment appropriate to representing our organization.
- Located in the greater Boston, MA area with easy access to key client base in Cambridge.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in science or technology with high academic standing. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5-10 years in a life sciences laboratory, including work with automated liquid handling processes, assays and instrumentation. Familiarity with the drug discovery, development and manufacturing processes and organizational structure within these companies. Experience in using our products/services preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to sell on a strategic level, delivering on and exceeding sales targets in drug discovery, diagnostics and analytical sciences markets.
- Experience in microplate-based analytical workflows and with liquid handling instrumentation sales a plus.
- Familiarity with biomanufacturing and/or protein expression systems a plus.