Senior Director, Preclinical Science
Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation protein-based medicines.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated cancer biologist with preclinical development in oncology and translational science experience to lead the preclinical development team. The position is responsible for providing the leadership in preclinical science to support pipeline development from discovery to IND. The candidate will work within a team to initiate and develop oncology protein drug discovery projects to IND filings. This candidate will lead preclinical team in new target selection/validation, in vitro assays, in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies, other IND enabling studies and IND filing.The candidate should also have the ability and flexibility to lead the projects as the company expands its development pipeline over time, and build the team as needed.
Job Requirements and Education
● Ph.D. in biological sciences or a related scientific discipline with at least 15 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience
● Broad knowledge base and understanding of biological signaling/interaction networks (particularly cytokines and other protein ligands) and designing biological therapeutics to mobilize immune system to fight cancer
● Extensive research and leadership experience in oncology drug development from target discovery to IND
● Prior experience working with immune-oncology therapeutic proteins and translational science is a plus
● Strong interpersonal and people leadership skills
● Strong troubleshooting and problem- solving skills.
● Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills are required
● Ability to perform in a goal-oriented, fast-paced, matrixed team environment
● Ability to present data and communicate effectively in project team and external collaboration
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.