Assistant, Administrative III
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Responsible for all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports,meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling teleconference and BlackBerry setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
- Provides general administrative support. May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable).
- Interacts with high-level executives and handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Orders business cards and stationery.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite, Delta View and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
- Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 1+ years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Delta View, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Lotus Notes or Outlook and understanding of business processes and requirements
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.