Director, Pipeline Market Shaping & Education
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Director, Pipeline Market Shaping & Education is a key member of the Novartis Gene Therapies Team and is responsible for the oversight, planning and communication of market shaping and collaboration with Medical Affairs in the development of scientific messaging for products in the Novartis Gene Therapies pipeline, including Rett Syndrome, Friedreich's Ataxia, ALS and others.
- Leads market shaping and educational initiatives for key stakeholders across the Novartis Gene Therapies pipeline.
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs to lead scientific messaging and publication strategy across pipeline.
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs, coordinate Novartis Gene Therapies presence at key medical and scientific congresses related to AVXS-201 (Rett Syndrome), AVXS-301 (ALS) and AVXS-401 (Friedreich's Ataxia), as well as other pipeline assets as appropriate.
- Contributes to the development of Novartis Gene Therapies Portfolio Strategy and partner closely with NVS WW New Product Planning to ensure strategic alignment.
- Drives the spirit of "ONE Team" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients, payers and customers as our top priorities.
- Builds strong, open and collaborative working relationships with superiors, peers, subordinates and cross-functional teams within Novartis Gene Therapies and Novartis, including Corporate Communications, Market Access, R&D, Program Management, Translational Medicine, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Finance and Legal.
- Development and management of overall marketing/commercial planning budget, strategic plan, and associated metrics.
- Ensures all marketing activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Company's Code of Conduct.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 10 years' experience marketing, medical affairs within the rate disease space, or MBA or graduate level degree (Advanced life sciences degree) with 8 years' experience marketing and medical affairs within the rate disease space preferred. Advanced life sciences degree is a plus.
- Strong project management skills, with a high degree of detail orientation.
- 10 years of relevant experience in working with high-performing global regional and local marketing teams in both small and large biopharma companies.
- Proven ability to develop and articulate clear, differentiated and compelling strategy.
- Ability to influence without authority across all levels of the organization. Demonstrates a willingness to "roll up the sleeves" and execute tactical initiatives in support of strategy development.
- Ability to travel up to 30% with a mix of domestic and international travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.