Manager/Senior Manager, Compound Management
Nurix is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Compound Manager to build and lead a compound and sample management function. The compound manager will be accountable for storage, retrieval and distribution of compounds for biological assay as well as chemical building blocks for parallel synthesis. Working closely with Medicinal Chemistry, DEL, Biology, Informatics and Laboratory Services, the compound manager will:
- Manage the receipt and storage of compounds and samples for biological assay
- Manage the receipt and storage of compounds for parallel synthesis
- Manage registration data QC for purchased compounds
- Evaluate customer needs for sample format and delivery
- Collaborate with scientists from multiple disciplines (internal and external) to design and implement workflows for sample distribution
- Develop, write and train on Operating Procedures for compound management and sample distribution
- Develop methods for liquid handlers, tube sorters, barcode readers and other automation
- Oversee the work of lab technicians
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or related discipline required
- M.S. or other postgraduate degree in similar fields preferred
Experience & Attributes
- Five (5) years of applicable experience within the life sciences industry
- Hands-on experience in compound management and an excellent understanding of underlying processes
- Experience operating, programming and troubleshooting various instrumentation including acoustic dispensers span-8, 384 well pipetting systems, plate handlers, tube sorters.
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.