Associate Director, Regional Access Solutions - TEPEZZA
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Regional Access Specialist (RAS) works in a highly visible, strong team environment and is the point person for access and reimbursement issues. This position is responsible for helping patients and internal teams navigate the payer landscape related to access of TEPEZZA. The RAS will work closely with the Patient Access Managers (PAMs) to review patient insurance benefit options, utilize data to develop insights on performance, analyze reimbursement trends with regional payers and collaborate with cross functional partners to impact change. The RAS collaborates with in-house cross functional teams to identify market needs and assist in creation of marketing tools to address customer needs.
- Leads connectivity and collaboration with Patient Access Managers, HUB, and Regional Account Directorsto facilitate improved access and overall experience for patients and prescribers.
- Navigates complex and ambiguous authorization pathways, captures insights and best practices, and signals emerging trends to the appropriate teams.
- Researches patient-specific site of care (SOC), leading the efforts through first infusion and claim resolution.
- Develops KPIs, monitors results for assigned regions, and regularly provides business review updates.
- Establishes efficiencies and continual improvement in physician and patient services and processes.
- Serves as the regional access subject matter expert and a valued resource for internal teams and external customers.
- Guides teams on implementing best practices and regional opportunities for improvement including investigating and resolving access challenges pre and post-infusion.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 years pharma/account managementexperience
- Field reimbursement support experience required
- Buy and bill and specialty pharmacy (SP) experience required
- Unclassified J code / product launch experience preferred
- Infusion experience required
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands with a high level of initiative and independence Patient interaction and support experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven success in working in a cross functional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires approximately 50% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.