At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Come and join Bristol Myers Squibb for this key role helping to build a leading CAR T Platform that serves our patients with novel CAR T Therapies. At BMS, we are developing novel cellular immunotherapies based on two distinct and complementary platforms - Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) and T Cell Receptors (TCRs) technologies. Our goal is to revolutionize medicine by re-engaging the body's immune system to treat cancer.
- Global Manufacturing Sciences and Technology is responsible for tech transfer, support and harmonization of Cell Therapy Manufacturing Processes across the manufacturing network throughout the product life-cycle from pre-clinical through commercial manufacturing.
- The Manufacturing Sciences Support team provides technical and lab-based support for clinical and commercial manufacturing. Leading and/or supporting process investigations, raw material changes, consumable changes and process improvements which increase operational efficiency in manufacturing in order to improve capacity to deliver life-saving therapies to patients. Additionally, the team executes process comparability and validation studies to support regulatory filings.
The Associate Engineer is a key contributor in ensuring successful manufacture of life-saving cell therapy products. The primary focus of the Associate Engineer will be to support testing and implementation of operational improvements and resolve manufacturing process investigations with support from manager/senior members of the team. The Associate Engineer will be part of a team and will design and execute experiments, evaluate data and draft technical reports in support of improvement, investigations and manufacturing process changes. The successful candidate will also contribute to well controlled comparability and validation studies which enable regulatory filings for raw material and process changes.
Major Duties Include:
- Be a member of the team to design and execute experiments in the process development labs which includes aseptic processing and operation of automated process equipment.
- Summarize experimental data and aid in analysis to draw conclusions.
- Participate in Root Cause Analyses to determine cause of manufacturing process investigations.
- Be part of the MSS team to support production related investigations, ensuring compliance with internal standards and regulatory requirements.
- Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Aid in development and execution of manufacturing process changes and improvement activities, and/or author technical reports for process changes and improvements, comparability and validation studies.
- Supporting lab functions - including, but not limited to restocking raw materials/consumables, sample management, maintaining equipment and cleaning.
- Work effectively and collaboratively as a team member within a highly matrixed organizational structure.
- Flexibility with work schedule as maintenance of cell cultures on occasional weekends, early mornings, or evenings is required
- BS degree in Biological Sciences/Chemical Engineering/Life Sciences or related discipline with 0 - 2 years of relevant experience in biologic process/analytical development or commercial biologic manufacturing process support.
- Excellent documentation skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration skills with willing to constantly learn and flexibility with changing priorities.
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to project lead and line management.
- Experience with cell therapy process development or manufacturing
- Experience with cell culture or aseptic techniques
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products and working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab)
- Lab management experience in the pharma/biopharma industry
- Ability to learn new technologies and acquire knowledge quickly in the cell therapy field
- Operational excellence training/background
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.