TEMP - R&D Assoc-BAC Construction
The VelociGene Molecular Biology group is dedicated to crafting targeting vectors that will contribute toward Regeneron's target discovery efforts. We are looking for a temporary molecular research associate for our VelociGene Molecular Biology group for a 6-9 month period.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Construct high-quality bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC)-based targeting vectors.
• Perform quality control assays of prepared DNA constructs, including gel electrophoresis and Sanger sequencing, and analyze the results and report data in a clear and concise manner.
• Maintain accurate electronic records and excellent time management of daily tasks.
• Communicate progress updates for each project in a clear and concise manner.
This role may be for you if:
• You are experienced in the general operations of a molecular biology laboratory and are looking to continue to grow your skillset and learn complicated techniques.
• You are looking to work in a team environment and collaborate with others.
• You are looking to get a taste of Regeneron culture.
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelors degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in a related field. We want someone who is skilled in standard molecular biology techniques including DNA cloning, nucleic acid purification and analyses protocols such as PCR. This individual should also have basic knowledge of DNA analysis software. Proven BAC handling experience highly preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.