AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The US Commercial Finance organization has responsibility for delivering annual financial plan sales and margin. The Pricing and Planning Department supports these sales/margin objectives by developing pricing strategy for all major customer groups, and building and leading contract programs, consistent with overall pricing strategies, that insure goal achievement while improving profitability and assuring customer satisfaction. The Associate Chargeback Analyst is responsible for coordinating the timely and accurate processing of chargebacks related to discount contracts with indirect sales through wholesalers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Providing analytical support and coordinate chargebacks with large wholesalers and distributors as determined by manager based on current volumes and complexity of the customer.
- Timely resolution of disputes between AbbVie and Wholesalers and Distributors related to chargebacks.
- Work with Senior Chargeback Analyst to develop knowledge of the following key functions: membership maintenance (this includes GPO, 340B, Specialty, etc.), Contract Management, Class of Trade usage, System skills (including Model N, ECC, RM reports and spreadsheets).
- Reconcile all chargeback disputes with customer.
- Work with National Trade Executives and Receivables Management regarding relevant chargeback issues.
- Respond to wholesaler requests for membership and pricing verification.
- Develop working relationship with key wholesaler contacts.
- Build an effective network of key contacts with Government Analyst, Receivables Management, Customer Registry, Customer Service and Finance.
- Maintain wholesaler information (customer numbers/locations) within Model N.
- Work with Demand Planning during quarter end processing and handle overall chargeback activities.
- Support Customer Service pricing queue activities and potential pricing inquiries.
- Maintain documentation of key processes.
- Conducting monitoring activities to insure OEC compliance.
• Bachelor's Degree: B.A./B.S. or equivalent experience required Master's Degree: M.B.A. preferred (or equivalent experience)
• Requires a strong balance of interpersonal/conceptual skills resulting from education/experience. Must be able to evaluate the risk/benefit involved in dealing with major accounts.
• 2+ years' experience in marketing, pricing, financial analysis is desired
• Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically,
• Incumbent must have gained a basic understanding of Medicaid law, the Veteran's Healthcare Act, Medicaid/Medicare Fraud & Abuse statutes, Anti-Trust Laws, and AbbVie's Corporate Compliance Program within 6 months of assuming responsibilities. Problem solving and integrity are key competencies of this position.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.