Director, Regional Access Solutions - KRYSTEXXA
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Geography: Field-based/U.S. (location flexible)
The Director Regional Access Solutions is responsible for leading and managing a team of field-based Regional Access Solutions Associate Directors (RAS), ensuring the group meets business and personal development objectives. The objectives of the Regional Access Solutions team are to ensure access to the company's medications by helping providers identify infusion center options and navigate payer requirements, both pre-infusion and post-infusion. The Director will provide input on the strategic direction of the business and will coordinate with National Sales Directors and Patient Access Manager leaders to facilitate appropriate teamwork with regard to joint team objectives, strong communication, and healthcare provider support on the services and product education.
- Lead and manage a national team of regional access specialists
- Accountable for the performance, training, and compliance of the team
- Develop key performance metrics appropriate to the team's efforts and company business objectives
- Track each team member's performance against key metrics
- Develop each team member individually as needed in order to fulfill the role in each region
- Work with various access teams, including external and internal hub case managers, regional business managers, and patient access managers to insure continuous patient access to medications
- Ensure the team has appropriate ongoing training and expertise (including safety and efficacy, dosing and administration, relevant disease state content, and the basics of Horizon patient access programs/resources to support office and patient inquiries)
- Work closely with national and sales partners to fulfill HCP office support, including reimbursement education, patient support services
- Working with sales leadership, develop and implement compliant processes for identification of new patients and conversion of leads
- Identify new patient and provider needs throughout the year and work with cross-functional teams to develop new patient educational and marketing materials
- Coordinate team participation in national and local patient advocacy meetings and events
- Coordinate closely with the Patient Programs team to develop and plan relevant patient events that satisfy current patient educational needs
- Develop presentations on the group objectives and performance as needed, at least quarterly
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree required (bachelor's degree in nursing or related field preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the pharma or medical industry
- People management experience or proven initiative and success developing toward people management (Ex: mentoring/training, demonstrated leadership, elevating knowledge and performance of others)
- Experience in rare diseases and/or applicable specialty preferred
- Strong experience navigating complex reimbursement challenges, including both medical and pharmacy benefit designs
- Facility with key performance metrics and data analysis
- Previous field reimbursement, payer access or patient access experience
- Previous experience calling on patients and/or healthcare providers
- Knowledge of PhRMA, OIG, and other guidelines relating to compliant medical communications.
- Knowledge of insurance, reimbursement, and foundation assistance within the healthcare industry
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a cross-functional team setting
- Requires 50-75 % national travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
- Excellent presentation and power point skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.