Manager, Medical Promotional Review
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Serves as a therapy area and product expert for both internal and external customers. Conducts medical review to ensure medical accuracy, currency and scientific balance of promotional materials produced by internal business partners.
Leads and/or contributes to medical planning for new product launches, line extensions, and key data releases, as applicable. Participates in mentoring, coaching and training of new and existing colleagues. Serves as a role model and provides strategic and technical/functional guidance.
Conducts medical review of branded and unbranded promotional materials, market access and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) materials and medical communications materials to ensure accuracy, currency, scientific balance and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Collaborates on strategy/development of materials (e.g. concept reviews) as applicable and drives toward solutions on challenging issues. Shares best practices across therapeutic areas.
Exhibits a thorough understanding of assigned therapeutic area and pertinent disease state(s).
Represents Medical Promotional Review at interdisciplinary meetings and related initiatives to provide therapy area information on the company's products.
Leads and/or contributes to medical planning for new product launches, line extensions, and key data releases, as applicable.
Participates in and/or assumes the lead on key projects for the Medical Promotional Review Department and coordinates with interdisciplinary partners as required in order to achieve organizational goals. Drives initiatives aimed at continuous improvement in processes.
Participates in mentoring, coaching and training of new and existing colleagues. Serves as a role model and provides strategic and technical/functional guidance.
Promotes and ensures the sharing of best practices across the Medical Promotional Review teams.
Performs other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Conducts business in accordance with BMS Values.
- Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
- Identifies, obtains pertinent data, and accurately processes any reported adverse events (AEs) and product quality complaints (PQCs) to Drug Safety and Quality Assurance Complaint department, respectively, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Conducts/assists in the overall training of new Medical Promotional Review personnel and students in graduate experiential programs to ensure key activities are incorporated as part of the training.
- Dedicated to continuous learning to broaden therapeutic area knowledge and pharmaceutical industry acumen.
- Must be a strong team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing needs and competing demands.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize projects effectively.
- Solutions oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow through.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in a pharmaceutical science preferred
- RPh or RN with previous pharmaceutical industry-based Drug Information experience considered
- 3-5 years of Drug Information, or related Clinical Pharmacy Practice/Managed Care experience
- Relevant therapeutic background desired
- Promotional review experience preferred
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.