Position Objective: Development and Validation of PCR-based multiplex assays for an automated system
- Molecular Biology: real-time PCR, Sequencing, multiplex endpoint PCR, probe-based hybridization and detection
- Microbiology: handling BSL-II agents and clinical specimens for nucleic acid extraction
- Perform and evaluate experiments with guidance from supervisor or from written protocols
- Qualify and maintain automated systems in collaboration with System Engineers
- Apply basic statistical techniques for data analysis
- Must maintain a laboratory note book according to GDP
- Assisting in maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Must have hands on experience in setting up PCR assays
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation
- Ability to execute complex experiments with attention to details
- Experience with IVD assay development and Design Control process is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and execute various tasks
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, strong work ethics and a “can do” attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, and strives to improve the status quo
- Willingness to take on challenges and changes as opportunities
- Collaborates with others in a team-oriented environment
- Follows Quality System requirements, safety rules and applicable regulations
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals and infectious agents. Willingness to work overtime and flexible schedule as needed is a plus.
About Applied BioCode
Applied BioCode is an IVD manufacturer that designs, develops, and commercializes multiplex testing products. The company has combined “digital barcodes” with immuno- and molecular chemistry to create a new, bio-inspired Barcoded Magnetic Beads (BMB) technology. The micro BMBs, about the diameter of a human hair, are tagged with immunochemistry or molecular probes, allowing the digital barcodes to be easily scanned and accurately identified up to 4,096 barcodes with no ambiguity for biological targets. The BioCode® Respiratory (17-plex) Pathogen Panel and Gastrointestinal (17-plex) Pathogen Panel based on the BioCode® MDx-3000 automated system have been cleared for use in the US by the FDA . Applied BioCode also partners with a variety of diagnostic companies with applications that include the infectious disease, autoimmune disease, allergy, gut microbiome, and veterinary markets.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
As a biotechnology leader in our community, we follow all LA County recommendations on social distancing, sanitizing, & providing and wearing masks. Also by staggered staff scheduling, it is our hope to keep the infection at bay.