Sr Director, Content & Story Telling
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
The Director/Senior Director of Content & Storytelling is responsible for leading the creation of best-in-class content and creative strategies across a range of platforms that engages key audiences and moves opinion. S/he will partner with both functional and business leaders to develop long-term content strategies and be responsible for supporting the production of impactful content to meet their needs.
S/he will lead an internal content development team, supported by external consultants, that has the capability to produce high quality video, social, digital and print collateral.
The Director/Senior Director of Content & Storytelling is expected to bring a modern, audience-first storytelling approach to Emergent's communications programs. S/he would not only meet the requested content needs but be expected to seek out and identify areas across the organization where content and storytelling could be better leveraged to both support marketing and business goals as well as build Emergent's reputation with key stakeholders.
S/he oversees all of the company's primary communications channels including the company's website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn presence. Per that oversight, s/he would be expected to create and execute effective, integrated social and digital media strategy.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Institute a modern, proactive story-telling approach through our enterprise and business unit communications
- Oversee the development of impactful content for a range of stakeholders and communications platforms
- Lead a team of content developers that is capable of producing high-quality video, social, digital, print collateral and experiential content
- Develop and execute a unified social and digital media strategy
- Oversee all of our public facing communications channels including our website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram pages
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- At least 10 years of experience developing content at a corporation, trade association or agency and/or political campaigns.
- Highly refined written and oral communications skills
- Political campaign and/or Capitol Hill experience a plus
- Experienced in creating impactful content across all major external platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Collaborative style at ease in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- A portfolio of successful content-driven communications campaigns
- Bachelor's degree required
- PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Approx. 10% - May include international travel.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.