Director, Commercial Excellence
Nektar has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Commercial Excellence to join their commercial team.
The Director, Commercial Excellence helps lead the launch planning and commercial organizational development/effectiveness efforts for Nektar's first self-commercialized product. Drives the creation and execution of launch roadmaps for each commercial team as well as helps lead organizational readiness workstreams. Facilitate a number of internal and partner launch readiness meetings including driving agenda setting, capturing minutes and following up on key action items. Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Launch Manager - Drive the creation and execution of launch roadmaps for each commercial team (marketing, analytics, access, operations, sales) as well as help lead organizational readiness workstreams. Work in close collaboration with project managers and leaders from other parts of the organization to ensure the creation and execution of their own launch roadmaps
- Planning - Create timelines and utilize planning tools such as decision support models and Gantt charts. Ensure commercial plans and objectives are clearly established and communicated. Ensure that responsibilities are understood, risks are identified, progress is measured, and plans are updated and adapted as necessary
- Single Source of Truth - Maintain a common share-point site ensuring documents are catalogued, easy to find, and up to date
- Meeting Facilitation - Facilitate internal launch readiness team meetings, external launch readiness team meetings with partner companies, as well as commercial leadership team meetings, ensuring efficient conduct and follow through. Drive the agenda setting, provide concise meeting agendas and minutes in a timely fashion, including key decisions and action items
- Communication - Ensure that management and teams are kept apprised of progress against plans, and changes. Report via written communication as well as presentations, discussions and informal interactions; to key stakeholders within commercial and the wider organization. Help create slide presentations detailing commercial progress to various stakeholders
- Finance - Support rolled-up budget forecast and tracking across the commercial organization
- Organizational Development - Identify and lead opportunities for business process design and improvements within commercial. Work with wider project management group to ensure commercial needs are understood and addressed in cross-functional business processes
- Organizational Effectiveness and Capacity Building - Identify and implement initiatives to increase operational effectiveness and efficiency for expanding commercial organization
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. 13+ years of relevant experience; 10+ years of management experience preferred. Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry; 10+ years of pharma/biotech experience is preferred. PMP certification is preferred. Extensive project management experience, preferably with some commercial experience. In-depth understanding of commercial roles and responsibilities. Launch or new commercial organization experience preferred. Ability to plan, integrate, document and communicate projects and workstreams. Ability to lead cross-functional teams, prioritize and manage multiple projects and proactively drive opportunities to meet commercial objectives. Excellent organizational savvy and influence skills, including the ability to lead without authority. Ability to drive plans forward and motivate work teams. Ability to synthesize information. Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn new things. Ability to communicate to a range of audiences. Ability to effectively translate concepts and stories into slide presentations. Ability to think and work autonomously. Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Nektar Therapeutics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner proscribed by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.