Manager, Sales - SEA, India, and ANZ
Title: Manager, Sales - SEA, India and ANZ
Territory: Southeast Asia (SEA), India, and Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
- Directly responsible for sales objectives, customer satisfaction and customer relations in the defined territory.
- Qualify and develop opportunities within the territory as well as maintain and grow the existing customer base.
- Develop and execute territory and account specific sales plans that exceed assigned territory revenue targets.
- Establish and build relationships with key decision makers and economic buyers.
- Effectively work as a team player with our sales channel partners to ensure they are up to date with PacBio technology, publications and marketing materials. Able to motivate and mentor Sales Channel Partner team members to achieve PacBio sales target and support requirements.
- Utilize and maintain CRM system to effectively communicate within internal organization.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting territory revenue and sufficiently documenting within CRM.
- Ensure annual sales objectives are exceeded and territory will generate continued positive growth.
- Coordinate the sales, marketing and service and applications support efforts by our distributors/dealers in the defined territories.
- Develop and execute a business plan(s) to meet annual fiscal sales goals and long term growth at the specific key accounts.
- Will be recognized as the lead representative for Pacific Biosciences for the territory assigned and will be looked on by the customer as the key consultative and operational point of contact.
- Conduct effective customer presentations/seminars to provide updates and maintain communications.
- Identify and communicate best practices derived from key account experience to cross-pollinate into programs that can serve as tools and training for the general sales team.
- Provide general intelligence on key competitors.
- Work effectively with PacBio sales operations, marketing, customer support, technical support, and legal department to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates, facilitates and presents the quarterly forecast for the business. Responsible for weekly meetings to understand variance to forecast and presents MCF (Major customer forecast) and MBF (Managers binding forecast) to APAC General Manager.
- Facilitate forecasting calls to develop consistent forecasting methodology.
- Facilitate the key account plan documents for viewing by management.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to assess and develop tactics for penetration of accounts with high throughput sequencing platforms.
- Help out in other territories as required and requested by your manager.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Significant territory management and sales experience in high end capital instrumentation and consumables is required.
- Previous experience in managing multi-million dollar accounts and track record of continued growth.
- 7+ years or equivalent direct sales with preferably management experience directly selling into the life sciences and clinical research markets required.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of high capital sales success.
- Scientific or Technical Degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to engage and build relationships at the highest level within customer organizations is critical (President/CEO, CTO/CSO and CFO and other key influencers).
- Ability to integrate and be accepted as a consultative resource for key decision makers within large organizations and build and implement a strategic business plan that will result in continued growth and solid customer relations.
- High scientific aptitude with understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as it relates to customer requirements as well as the potential competitive landscape.
- Strategically minded with ability to work independently and highly adaptable.
- Comfort and acumen for public speaking and the ability to deliver key presentations.
- Strong communication and partnering skills with ability to operate as a team player.
- Role will require 50% travel at a minimum.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and