Director, Executive Recruitment
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie is a global biopharmaceutical company of ~47,000 employees who come up with new approaches to addressing today's health issues-from life-threatening illness to chronic conditions. We target specific difficult-to-cure diseases where we can leverage our core R&D expertise to advance science. We're constantly working to create solutions that go beyond treating the illness to have a positive impact on patients' lives, on societies-and on science itself. At AbbVie, we see a future full of possibility, where health is in reach and patient lives are improved.
We are seeking a Director of Executive Search, a new position reporting to the Global VP of Talent Acquisition, who will build and implement our internal executive search capability from the ground up, including talent sourcing and full lifecycle requisition management for executive searches. This TA leader will provide strategic leadership and business partnership to our executive and Business HR partners globally on our most senior hiring needs to support business growth and drive performance, understanding the overall life-science market and talent landscape.
This position also manages our Global Search Team, a dedicated team within Talent Acquisition, leading strategic external recruitment for high-level, critical capabilities across the enterprise. The Global Search Team drives continuous and proactive outreach to the external market, understands the external gaps and priorities of our business leaders, and works towards building pipelines of key talent in order to mitigate the risk of capability and succession plan gaps.
- Design and implement the new internal executive search capability and team.
- Leverage data, metrics and resources, set the vision, strategy and goals for all aspects of Executive Search at AbbVie.
- Design and execute effective recruitment processes, practices and standards that provide white-glove experiences for candidates and hiring managers.
- Hands-on end to end executive search, including talent sourcing and candidate engagement through offer negotiation.
- Effectively manage external search partners, as needed; manage vendor relationship and performance.
- In collaboration with Executive Compensation and Total Rewards, design competitive offers to candidates leveraging deep understanding of the market and executive compensation elements.
- Define and execute diversity recruiting strategies that increase representation, resulting in high-performing, diverse leadership teams at AbbVie.
- Build and foster strategic relationships with executives and leadership teams in client groups, as well as with HR leadership.
- Consult with and advise internal company executives on key industry talent trends and best practices.
- Conduct proactive talent pipelining and sourcing initiatives, leveraging industry expertise and relationships, as well as research/mapping, and other creative solutions.
- Keep abreast of latest and innovative technologies; leverage digital tools and pioneering methods to find and engage talent in novels ways that differentiates AbbVie from our competitors.
- Play a strategic leadership role on the Global TA Leadership Team.
- Lead, mentor and develop the Executive Search and Global Search teams through goal review, development plans, talent reviews and regular management activities.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Must have a bachelor's degree plus a minimum 12 years professional retained search experience + in-house executive search experience.
- Seasoned executive recruiter with demonstrated success in the art of executive candidate engagement and cutting-edge sourcing methodology and strategies.
- Leadership presence and credibility to interact with all levels of employees and stakeholders, including C-level senior executives. Track record of influencing senior leaders.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills; must be diplomatic and tactful.
- Can effectively manage global and complex change and shift gears comfortably; highly effective in ambiguous environments; able to deliver expected results with minimal direction and guidance.
- Strong experience leading a diverse, global team.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including negotiating vendor agreements.
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical or life-sciences industries.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.