Director, Real-World Evidence
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
The Director, Real World Evidence assists in developing and implementing strategy for observational research, to inform internal and external stakeholders on the incidence, prevalence, burden of illness, natural history of disease and real-world outcomes of treatment within a therapeutic area. The Director works cross-functionally to content expertise and tactical support for the execution of observational research across the portfolio. The ideal candidate will function as a point person for observational research methodologies, including execution of observational research in rare diseases. This position is reporting to the Executive Director, Head of Real-World Evidence at Kite. This role will be office-based in Santa Monica, CA
- Study concept development and execution of incidence/prevalence, burden of Illness and natural history of disease assessment for business and development and early development indications
- Strategic and tactical support for cross-functional RWE development including registries, burden of Illness/natural history of disease for regulators, payers and clinicians
- Strategic and tactical support for developing RWE historical control and methods
- Rotating member of non-interventional study protocol review groups
- Adapt performance metrics and dashboards for RWE project within their therapeutic area
- Global RWE/observational research functional expert on cross functional brand strategy teams for assigned brand/pipeline, newly launched and marketed product(s)
- Assess research gaps and objectives across key partners and disease areas to determine proactive RWE/observational research strategy
- Possess superb communication skills, advanced customer experience, comprehensive understanding of Kite strategies to translate observational research methods and results to diverse audiences
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholder expectations regarding strategic objectives and execution of research
- PhD with 8+ years of experience in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, health policy, or similar required
- Formal training in Epidemiology/Health Services Research required
- 5+ years of experience in observational research study management AND data analytics, either within industry or with an observational research consulting firm
- Solid understanding of the 21st Century Cures Act and the opportunities for use of RWE to inform regulatory decision makers
- Advanced knowledge in observational research design
- Excellent interpersonal communication and study management skills
- Ability to take detailed observational study results and communicate them in a clear, non-technical manner to internal cross-functional teams, using language that resonates with the teams, while maintaining the integrity of key findings
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing, diverse, and matrix environment
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.